Author Topic: Unofficial Spell Lists that should stay unofficial...  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Mordenkainen

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Unofficial Spell Lists that should stay unofficial...
« on: May 10, 2008, 09:04:04 AM »
Years ago I saw a fan-written spell list called "Bread Law" or "Baked Goods Law" or something like that...watch out for "Lord Donut True"  ;D I also recall seeing some, let us say, non-PG rated lists...

So, have you got any ideas for the most face-palmingly wrong spell lists?

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Unofficial Spell Lists that should stay unofficial...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 09:54:39 AM »
Bread Law, IIRC correctly, was only barely "fan created." I'm pretty sure lyn wrote it while we were doing Fire and Ice.  :)
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Marc R

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:33:43 AM »
I recall wincing my way through a lot of those professional lists. (In a high enough magic world, it seems there are no skills.)
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Fidoric

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 03:08:17 PM »
IIRC, there was a list in old Spell User Companion named "Farm Law" or something like that. One of the spell on this list was "Milk animal" I think. Very useful for a lazy farmer. I have always wondered how it could have turned if someone tried something like that on a female troll... ;D
Now there's a plan : we go there, we blast him, we come back...
Fighters forever !
Heart of steel.

Offline David Johansen

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »
My D&D playin' roots automatically expect green puss with floaty stuff.

Anyhow, now that it's been mentioned I'll have to work up a Mullet Law spell list.

I'm thinking it should include spells that enhance the use of the Mullet as as weapon, provide protection from odor related criticals and fumbles, and at higher levels even create the dreaded True Mullet.

Offline Rivstyx

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • rivstyx
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:25:23 AM »
IIRC, there was a list in old Spell User Companion named "Farm Law" or something like that. One of the spell on this list was "Milk animal" I think. Very useful for a lazy farmer. I have always wondered how it could have turned if someone tried something like that on a female troll... ;D
With all of the dev points/levels the farmer would have to spend to advance in farm law he probably should just do the chores himself.  What exactly would a farmers PP progression chart look like anyhow?  I would also hate to see an ESF on the milk animal spell :)

Offline Guillaume

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Kulthean Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »
Summon Elevator anybody ? ( I let you all search where that spell comes from... which list and where it can be found printed )
514 to see, 416 to lock, 614 to shot...Target downed...Ask the marines to pick up the pieces.

RM, RM2, RMSS, RMFRP, HARP,  MERP, Cyberspace, SM, SM2, SM:P, Star Strike, Armored Assault, SD , SD : The Next Millenium, Bladestorm, Battle of the Five Armies .... Collecting ICE production since the epoch...

Offline Balhirath

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 03:35:04 PM »
Actually I have always found the Prosaic spell lists (like Farming Law) rather usefull. Not because every farmer should have it, but because it might be available for Farmers Guild and thus usefull for helping farmers, by people who are not farmers themselves.
Besides farming the 'old way' is very, VERY hard work (I've tried it or at least some of it ) and belive me, after experiencing that kinda work I can understand why someone would like to find a way to make it easier :)
I'm new here, but have played RM2 on and off for 20 years. :)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 04:18:30 PM »
 As to farm law also remember that not all mages are going to be adventuring types. The mage who casts farm law may be bringing in large amounts of $ for the guild. This would allow other mages to work on other more magical projects or adventure.

In general I like the Prosaic lists but I would like it even more if it was handeled in the way HARP handels cantrip spells. Or provides a list of spells for spells under 5th, between 5th and 10th and 10th to 20th spell ranks. That way the caster can pick and chose the spells they want and need as well as have more than 5 spells under the Xth level limit.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.