Author Topic: new profession knight  (Read 4318 times)

Offline stalvan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
new profession knight
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:16:24 PM »
Well this is my profession, i made it because i tihnk that cant be a frp without a kinght like steorotype
Knigt:
Noble of birth or heart is always looking for quest where probe his noblehood

combat 6
general 2
influence 2
outdoor 2
phisical 8
key stats: strengeht,constituion,insight and presence
talents: shield training , thougness
professional abilities: Beginng at level 1l and  each 5 levels after(5th,10th, etc), gain a +10 to combat style mounted combat( must have same number of skills ranks that the weapon of choice) or weapon group.

i didnt playtested yet, so i need some feedback about these profession, thanks in advance, and forgivme my bad english.

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: new profession knight
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »
Well this is my profession, i made it because i tihnk that cant be a frp without a kinght like steorotype
Knigt:
Noble of birth or heart is always looking for quest where probe his noblehood

combat 6
general 2
influence 2
outdoor 2
phisical 8
key stats: strengeht,constituion,insight and presence
talents: shield training , thougness
professional abilities: Beginng at level 1l and  each 5 levels after(5th,10th, etc), gain a +10 to combat style mounted combat( must have same number of skills ranks that the weapon of choice) or weapon group.

i didnt playtested yet, so i need some feedback about these profession, thanks in advance, and forgivme my bad english.

For the sake of balance, I'd remove the Toughness talent and replace it with another talent such as Noble. Noble makes the character one of the socially connected and respected members of society. This grants them the ability to act in the name of their liege.

Next I'd llimit the +10 bonus per 5 levels to Mounted Combat or the Lance weapon group. I'd also add +5 at 1st level to Ride rolls which increases every third or fourth level.

The downside of this profession is the need to adhere to a knightly code of conduct. Disobeying this code can lead to social consequences, censure from one's liege, and for gross infractions being kicked out of the order.

Happy gaming!

>>ReaperWolf

Dr_Sage

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:39:30 PM »
Good everning:

I have 2 suggestions:

1) Use the fighter profession as base. Then by that we can see your profession is out of balance, specially with the skill cathegories. I consided social skills such as public speaking important to a knight for obvious reasons, but I prefer keep the balance among the party members.

2) Personaly I prefer "Cavalier" as the profession name, or something like that. Adding talent Noble with the spenditude of DPs. Remmember Elton Jonh is a modern Knight, and he can?t even ride a horse :D . In fantasy RPGs I see no problem in a Mage receiving the title of knight for services to the crown for example.
All depends on how you will adapt the realism into fantasy.

A good analogy: In Rokugan (Fantasy DnD Game based on Legend of 5 Rings) the Samurai is a social class composed by members of both sexes and of all adventuring classes.

Just my 2 cents.

PS: I have a knight in my game and he have been buying Ride and Public Speaking Skills as non-favored (4DPs per rank). Not perfect but worked well.

Offline stalvan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:46:26 PM »
thanks reaperwolf nad dr-sage for yous feedback, i?ve used the warrior as a base for knight, now, How much unbalanced is with the warrior, a bit or is away unbalanced with teh warrior?, i dont care if is a bit unbalanced with a warrior, after all my toughts about is that Knight a bit better than a warrior, if not in combat at least taking damage (That?s why in gived?d the toughness talent) and in social interaction of course.

I ask because i want know. thanks y saludos.

Offline lorenen

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • from the pits of T'is K'ali to the starclad sky..
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 03:11:30 AM »
excuse me stalvan but if you add the profession knight then you should add also:

archer, pikeman, light infantryman, crossbowman and so on..

isn't easy to take the talent "noble" and run a fighting profession?
knights were nobles trained since childhood both in reading/writing, using of some weapons and sometimes even influence skills but these were not so widespread.

let me also add that just because a knight its from noble origins this doesn't mean he is noble at hearth.. how many knights raped young women founded alone in the fields farming?  :)

we can also have a rogue/knight or also a ranger one imho

Italian fanzine for the d100 rpg

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 10:21:47 AM »
Another solution could be making a "Knight" Training Package (if it doesn't already exist, I cannot remember).
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline stalvan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »
Another solution could be making a "Knight" Training Package (if it doesn't already exist, I cannot remember).

Well there is a tp on martial law, but i?d rather see like a profession, im taking on account all the sugestions of course, but by now i want to see how works, and how much unbalenced would be with toughness respect to a warrior, if is a lot unbalenced, then i?ll replace with th talent noble, but if is just a bit unbalenced ill let the profession as i?ve posted it. cheers and forgivme my bad english.

Btw, where the noble talent is?, i can?t find it, so i couldn?t tke a look on these talent.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:34:42 PM by stalvan »

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:29:33 AM »
Btw, where the noble talent is?, i can?t find it, so i couldn?t tke a look on these talent.

HARP core rules, page 52, under Special Starting Items - Nobility.