Author Topic: Guild Adventurer Conversions (harp -> rmc)  (Read 3295 times)

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Seeing things from the top of Mt. Fuji
Guild Adventurer Conversions (harp -> rmc)
« on: September 06, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
I have been thinking about maybe running one or two of the adventures from the guild in a RMC/2 game, but the adventures I want to run are he Harp ones. So my question is how well go Harp translate into RMC? Are OBs and skills just straight convertatble or should everything be tweaked one way or the other?

One of my hopes could be there is a list somewhere stating all the adventures with RMC stats. Not a RMC only version, just suggestions for conversions
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Guild Adventurer Conversions (harp -> rmc)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »
IMO the big difference is in the spells. Also I think characters may be close till about 10th level and then they may devate. Also another big difference is level bonus to many skills and in HARP the bonus is to 1 skill.
But do not take my word for it. I would get a HARP book and a RMC book with the basic stats for varous profession and see how they stack up.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 12:18:08 AM »
Which adventures are you looking at?  If it is mine (Selkies Secret) I can probably give you a hand.  One thing you might find useful is the article I did for doing Selkies as a race in RMFRP, which is what the later HARP article was based on:

http://www.icewebring.com/Selkies.php
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 12:52:57 AM »
Yup, one of them I want to run is Selkies Secret ;) it seems to be a good adventure, with lots of possibilities. It would also be a good guide to how to do such things in the future.

Thanks in advance
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

I think violence in games only causes violence in real life if the person in question has an insufficient mental capacity to deal with the real world in the first place. But, that's more the fault of poor genetics and poorer parenting than it is the fault of a videogame

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 01:01:03 AM »
If Nicholas is agreeable, maybe I'll do it up as a Guild Companion article, or possibly a set of articles.  It could be interesting to take the RMFRP article on Selkies as a race and convert it to RM2/RMC.  I think most of the other NPCs would be relatively simple to convert, but writing up the method I use to do it might be helpful too.
I had initially planned on triple statting the adventure for HARP/RMC/RMFRP but then it started getting to be so big and I was running out of time, so I dropped the Rolemaster part.
Brent Knorr...

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 01:17:17 AM »
P.S. Another thing I was thinking of running past Nicholas is the possibility of making some larger versions of the maps available, it would be quite easy to to have each deck of the ship on a full page, have the Inn and the Watch Tower on a full page.  Perhaps the maps from the other adventures could be done in a larger format as well, do you think there would be an interest in a supplemental "map pack"? 
I think with CC3 (which is what I used) I might even be able to produce a set to miniature scale although I'm not sure if that is a print only function, I'd have to investigate that if there was an interest.
Brent Knorr...

Offline PiXeL01

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 01:21:19 AM »
I think larger maps would help a lot actually. When I read it the first time I found the numbers a bit hard to read unless you really magnified the page
PiXeL01 - RM2/RMC Fanboy

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 06:38:56 AM »
I certainly have no objection to TGC articles which are simply the RM stats for HARP articles.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 11:14:59 AM »
I'll look into doing those up then, although I make no promises on how long it will take.  Of course it makes sense to do them soon while the Guild Adventurer is still fresh, too bad my schedule doesn't make as much sense  ;D
Brent Knorr...