Author Topic: A Question about Warrior Mages (RMSS/FRP)  (Read 1123 times)

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
A Question about Warrior Mages (RMSS/FRP)
« on: March 22, 2022, 06:36:18 PM »
I'm wondering about balance here.  RM2's warrior mage wasn't balanced.  How does the Warrior Mage compare?

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: A Question about Warrior Mages (RMSS/FRP)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 07:27:22 PM »
Somewhat underpowered in my opinion. But it's a very different conception with very different spell lists, I'm not sure the RMSS version should really be thought of as the same profession.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 08:00:15 PM »
Somewhat underpowered in my opinion. But it's a very different conception with very different spell lists, I'm not sure the RMSS version should really be thought of as the same profession.
This. Many of the spells are fairly useless, imo.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 08:15:16 PM »
Yes, agreed. When I made my homebrew version for RMU, I leaned more towards the RM2 version, but tried to make him more balanced (e.g. he has to choose one element to specialize in, rather than getting every good elemental attack spell on a single list).

Here's my take, with a brief history of the class and discussion of the archetype:

https://www.rolemasterblog.com/the-warrior-mage-for-rmu-homebrew-spells-skill-costs-and-discussion/

'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle