Author Topic: ERA Customization: Request for more features for Adventures and a usage question  (Read 856 times)

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I'd like to be able to define and group specific NPCs for adventures, and have them grouped by the adventure name, and loaded when you load the adventure.  Possibly specific monsters or regional monster types as well (which I know are done the same way as NPCs).  And include with that tailored gifs to be displayed on loading.  Could a map be included as well for the background?  Think, for example, of a regional map for the old MERP modules.

Also how do you force the saving of the adventure in the "Go Adventuring" function? I can see that a save occurs during a rest, but can you force a save during a combat?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
- You can show a map to the players by using the Travel module, you can access it from the Adventuring options. It has a sample image, that can be clicked to choose any other image and it will stay there until you change it again, even if you restart the server.
- The adventure is saved automatically after each action (maneuver, spell, attack). You can also go to the adventuring options and choose the "Scribe" button to force a save at that moment.
- Adding a set of NPCs at once is not planned in the future, how many at once are you thinking? If it's just a bunch of different enemies, the recommended path is to create them as PCs and load them at the right moment. Another option is to use the creature XML format like the Thug example provided.
- For the avatar, the name of the NPC will be used after loading the adventure, the generic monster avatar is only used when adding a new NPC.