Author Topic: Mass Combat Rules  (Read 1037 times)

Offline harper1973

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Mass Combat Rules
« on: April 30, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
Hi everybody, is there a Mass Combat Rule system for Harp? Is it included in the revised edition of Martial Law? Is there a Rolemaster Mass Combat Rule system which can be used with Harp?
Many thanks!

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Mass Combat Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 03:29:43 PM »
There was a Rolemaster mass combat system called 'War Law' that came out as a boxed set in the late 80s/early 90s. It was awesome if you like wargames (I do), but probably far crunchier than anything that would work with HARP.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline harper1973

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 03:40:18 PM »
Many thanks! I've just seen that there was a (very) light system to run mass combat in the first edition of Martial Law for Harp, so I think that even in the revised edition there will be some hints... For me that should be enough... I really love Harp: for me and so far Harp hits my sweet spot in terms of complexity, crunchiness, flexibility, completeness, character customization and playability.
Many thanks again!

Offline ImaginosMusic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Pikes Peak or Bust!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 04:25:28 PM »
There is a mass combat section in the newer Martial Law. Glad to hear you like HARP. I had a very similar reaction when I was first reading it. It is now my go to system.