Author Topic: HARP on VTT  (Read 1045 times)

Offline movalmedic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP on VTT
« on: March 12, 2021, 03:00:49 PM »
Hey gang, I have wanted to get into HARP for some time but play with a no math crowd and so have been mired in the game everyone knows.  I'm thinking I'm going to be able to make HARP work on Foundry, but I have a couple questions.  #1 Do players tend to go all or half on use of OB or is it very random?  I ask because if it's only a few (full, half, quarter) I may be able to include buttons to do those attacks.  #2 Do I only need an open ended high roll, or does it need to open end low as well?  #3 Do most characters end up with a few specialized spells or more often many less specialized spells.  I just need to know how many lines to leave for spells on the sheet.  That's all that comes to mind right now.  If you have anything else that you think of that may be helpful please share.  Thanks!

Offline movalmedic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP on VTT
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 04:56:07 PM »
Addition: #4 It seems as if movement could be 12' or 18'.  How do you handle movement on a 5' grid?

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »
#1) Sorry, can't help you here, not nearly enough experience playing/running the game. (If you got an open spot, PM me. I would love to play some HARP 😁 ) I would say, for ease, just have four options: Full OB, Half OB, Quarter OB, Full DB (i.e., no OB).
#2) Looks like you only need a high open ended roll.
#3) Similar to #1, but I think it would be best if you could make it so they can add more.
#4) Don't tie it to the grid, you can still use the measuring tool with the grid off, in Roll20; I'm not sure about Foundry. I don't know how to move without snapping to the grid on Foundry, but it might be similar to Roll20 where you just hold the alt button while moving. If so, you just measure the distance and then move without snapping to grid.

Hope that was of some use to you.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 10:03:23 PM »
Ok here is some input:
1. I would use Full, Helf, Quarter, Full DB
2. Still really only a High as once it is a fumble you roll on the chart
3. Mages have the most flexibility with magic at 40 spells limit
4. Movement goes form 6' to 15' per character for the most part. A snap ruler would be great

Knowledge is unimagined Power