Author Topic: Director's Briefing - December 2020  (Read 1488 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - December 2020
« on: December 07, 2020, 03:28:53 AM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-fourteenth Briefing and twelfth Briefing of 2020. We sincerely hope that you and yours are staying safe and managing as best you can in these trying circumstances. I for one am very happy to see the arrival of at least three vaccines against coronavirus, giving us all finally a route back to a much normal life again.

Company Christmas

Even though Dragonmeet is virtual this year, the other signals of December are here. I have signed off the annual return to Companies House, the domain name for the Guild Companion has been renewed, and the annual royalty payments for our oldest products – City of Archendurn, Dun Cru, Friends & Rivals, The Toyman’s Fair, Rolemaster Companion I, and Shadow World: The Land of Xa-ar -have been distributed. For historical reasons, these products were not put on the automatic OneBookShelf payment system, so the manual payments are a little Christmas tradition of the company.

HARP and HARP SF

Terry remains deep in HARP Subterfuge. I intend to initiate layout work on HARP Bestiary in parallel. All of the artwork for HARP Beyond the Veil has been commissioned and the first two sets of art have already arrived – there is a particularly lovely image of a Gnome Harper in this batch.

Shadow World

Due to a workload spike in the day job, I have not yet completed my editing of Brian Hanson’s The Priest-King of Shade but I am making progress.

RMU

I have authorized Colin to commission color illustrations for RMU. Our plan will be to publish RMU in pdf, standard colour print, and premium colour print. Printed editions will be available in both softcover and hardcover.

Colin has also gathered the Great Lists of playtesters whose names will be placed in the Roll of Honor for the new Rolemaster books.

Until next time

As the next scheduled Briefing will be in the new year, all that remains for me to do is wish you a very Merry Christmas (or other holiday of your choice) and please stay safe so that 2021 is a better year for everyone.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - December 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 08:19:22 AM »

Company Christmas

Even though Dragonmeet is virtual this year, the other signals of December are here. I have signed off the annual return to Companies House, the domain name for the Guild Companion has been renewed, and the annual royalty payments for our oldest products – City of Archendurn, Dun Cru, Friends & Rivals, The Toyman’s Fair, Rolemaster Companion I, and Shadow World: The Land of Xa-ar -have been distributed. For historical reasons, these products were not put on the automatic OneBookShelf payment system, so the manual payments are a little Christmas tradition of the company.

End of Year Company checklist:

* Sign off on annual returns to Companies House  [x]
* Renew Guild Companion Domain name [x]
* Annual Royalty Payments [x]
* Renew Ironcrown.com domain name [ ]
* Send Director's Briefing [x]
* Make announcement for color art submissions for RMU [x]

Nicholas:  "Ahhhh.  Done and done!  Time to get back to work."

;D
(All in good fun, Nicholas.  It make me laugh when I saw the domain name was renewed then we lost this one.)

If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!