Author Topic: RM Combat Minion question  (Read 1426 times)

Offline wmaiuro

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RM Combat Minion question
« on: July 31, 2019, 02:20:43 AM »
Hello I am wondering if there is a cheat sheet for all the commands the software can do.  For example I recently learned that if you can do mulitple hits on a creature.  But I would like to know if there is a way to move creatures up and down the list I'm using.  I am noticing that if I add say a goblin to my list, then want to clone him AFTER listing other creatures, that goblin falls to the bottom of the list, but I'd like to be able to move him up under my other goblin.  Are there hidden commands that I can use to do this? Since there is no button that allows me to move my creatures around.

Another question: Is there a way to delete all creatures at once from the list, instead of one at a time?

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RM Combat Minion question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 10:13:09 AM »
Merkir,

I don't know if you missed this question from back in 2019 but I would like to know more about multiple hits. Do you just do the same two combatants again in the attacker / defender window? Also I would like some more explanations about how you go about using your lists and clearing the window of attackers.

I'm glad the program is still up and running I use it all the time with my groups.
Thanks,

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 05:12:18 PM »
Hi Camel1918,
Apologies for not answering that earlier post. I mustn't have noticed it at the time.

Regarding multiple hits, it's treated as a separate attack, so what you say is correct.

Re 'clearing the window of attackers', I'm a little unclear what you mean. If you mean how do you remove characters or NPCs from the two lists/columns, the software is very simplistic in this regard. Just click the checkbox next to a character and hit the delete button.

Importantly, if you have more than, say, 20 NPC/creatures in your full list, it's best to use the filter functionality by assigning Keys to various subgroups of NPCs. You can then use the Name and/or Key fields in the top right to filter (display) the relevant NPCs/creatures/monsters that are of interest for a particular encounter.

For example, I assign a Key substring "E3" to all NPCs/creatures which I know are in my 3rd encounter group.

Cheers

Offline Camel1918

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 02:45:44 AM »
Merkir,

Thanks for getting back. Have you looked anymore into possibly incorporating your system into any VTT. I now that Foundry could really use it as there are several people looking for things on there to help them with RM.

Thanks again for your program. I use it every other Sat.! Would be lost without it.

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 08:08:09 AM »
Merkir,

Thanks for getting back. Have you looked anymore into possibly incorporating your system into any VTT. I now that Foundry could really use it as there are several people looking for things on there to help them with RM.

Thanks again for your program. I use it every other Sat.! Would be lost without it.

Sorry, I'm not developing the software any further. I've moved on to other things, and certainly not getting any younger. But I'm happy for other(s) to take it over and progress it on any of the virtual spaces. Having said that, it might be best to write it from scratch again for those other platforms. Cheers.