Author Topic: Director's Briefing - February 2019  (Read 2165 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - February 2019
« on: February 07, 2019, 04:26:26 PM »
Welcome

To the ninety-third Briefing and second scheduled Briefing of 2019.

GenCon 2019

Preparations for GenCon moved up a notch with the new year. Our colleagues at Pointy Hat Games have been keeping a firm grip on matters, and were deftly able to secure hotel rooms near the convention centre, which will make lives much easier for our hardy volunteers who will man the booth.

RMU

Progress is happening with RMU. A number of races have been safely extracted by Jonathan from the Creature Law manuscript and are now installed into Arms & Character Law, so more choice for players and another pruning back on the size of Creature Law. Aaron Smalley is limbering up for a run at the whole set of remaining creatures.

HARP Fantasy, HARP SF and Cyradon

In an effort to prevent me from becoming a logjam in product schedule, I have agreed with Terry that he will take over artwork direction for the HARP Fantasy and HARP SF lines. He has a better eye for seeing what might make a good concept for an artist than I have. Since the layout will come to him in nearly all cases anyway, he is better placed than me to pick out where we will absolutely need some art to fill in some otherwise unfortunate whitespace. Yes, I know there are very good reasons to have whitespace but it can sometimes end up in awkward places, whereas a nice piece of art can sometimes inspire and sometimes inform.

The delegation is just as well because no sooner was I preparing to send HARP Subterfuge and HARP Garden of Rain in Terry’s direction, than there was a knock on my inbox from another of our freelancers. Jonathan Cassie has handed in a complete draft of HARP Beyond The Veil, our future sourcebook on religions and the divine, and a modest query to ask if there was anything that he should be adding to it. I have had a quick skim through to get a sense of it and it is looking excellent so far. I can think of some more areas where Jonathan can add some more – and this is likely to include some Shadow World and Cyradon content, just as we did for HARP Folkways.

I am pleased with Colin’s progress to date on the Cyradon reawakening. He’s battled through the difficult part of the creatures.

Shadow World

When not keeping out of the inclement winter weather, Terry has been working on a short adventure for Shadow World to be set in SW Emer as an intro to Emer IV. He’s finding it a useful recharge from constructing Haalkitaine NPCs.

I have Priest-King safely on my tablet and in the queue for editing.

I am also mindful that with RMU Creature Law moving again that we will soon be in a position where we can safely solicit adventure modules for Shadow World with the intention of having RMU stats incorporated within them. Likewise, given the HARP Fantasy books published and those in manuscript form, we are also in a position where a HARP Handbook for Shadow World could be written. I would be very happy to see discussion on both of these areas.

Until next time

The next scheduled Briefing will be in March 2019

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
Re: Director's Briefing - February 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:16:39 AM »
As previously stated by jdale, the adjustments and double-checking of the Talents/Flaws/movement/etc. due to rules changes and play-testing is occuring (I'm diligently trying to work through all of these, and there are a lot of them).  Then we will be "sanity checking" the results to make sure that everything looks reasonable.  Then once that is completed, VladD (if he is not too burnt out and his brain hasn't been fried due to the massive amount of creature info that he has been dealing with for more than 5 years now) and I will start working on getting the Creature Law books organized and into a draft state for Nicholas to perform his editing pass through. 
Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »

Progress is happening with RMU. A number of races have been safely extracted by Jonathan from the Creature Law manuscript and are now installed into Arms & Character Law, so more choice for players and another pruning back on the size of Creature Law.

JDale just posted the revised list, which offers some great new options for player races, if anyone reading this wants to take a look:

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=18985.0

Aaron Smalley is limbering up for a run at the whole set of remaining creatures.

Best of luck, St. George!

When not keeping out of the inclement winter weather, Terry has been working on a short adventure for Shadow World to be set in SW Emer as an intro to Emer IV. He’s finding it a useful recharge from constructing Haalkitaine NPCs.

This sounds great. I really look forward to it.

I am also mindful that with RMU Creature Law moving again that we will soon be in a position where we can safely solicit adventure modules for Shadow World with the intention of having RMU stats incorporated within them.

This has probably been suggested before, but has anyone planned to update the old Shadow World modules with RMU stats? That would allow you to offer a vast back catalogue with adventures for the new system.

Thanks for all your efforts!
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Wolfhound

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +10/-10
  • nothin' ta see here...
    • World of Ærnth/Channel Cities
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 02:58:44 PM »
As previously stated by jdale, the adjustments and double-checking of the Talents/Flaws/movement/etc. due to rules changes and play-testing is occuring (I'm diligently trying to work through all of these, and there are a lot of them).  Then we will be "sanity checking" the results to make sure that everything looks reasonable.  Then once that is completed, VladD (if he is not too burnt out and his brain hasn't been fried due to the massive amount of creature info that he has been dealing with for more than 5 years now) and I will start working on getting the Creature Law books organized and into a draft state for Nicholas to perform his editing pass through. 

Talents and Flaws have been sorted through for all creatures as they were in Beta, so progress is slowly being made. 

I am now going through and making adjustments based on feedback on the forums ( as well as trying to adjust for DP's that may have come available or been over-spent due to the changes previously mentioned.  The Fell Beast flying speed is giving me some troubles (having trouble hanging-on due to the G-forces), but I'm working through those troubles (from a calculation and balance perspective). 

Wolfhound (aka Aaron Smalley)
World of Aernth/Channel Cities setting: www.ChannelCities.com
City of Archendurn & Dun Cru author (for RM/HARP)
Cur. projects: RMU Creature Law 1 & 2, No Quarter Under the Crown (campaign module for RMU)