Author Topic: Mayhem in Indiana  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
Re: Mayhem in Indiana
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 02:02:16 PM »
As much as I love the idea of GenCon being in Seattle (I live about 20mins away from downtown) there's just no way I see it ever happening.  I don't think we have a large enough self-contained space and Seattle is about as removed as you can get from most the other population centers (well, with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii) and we don't have near the number of attached hotels to those spaces.  The one location in Seattle that might work space wise is the Seattle Center (old worlds fair site), but there are not many hotels close to it, so transportation would likely be a nightmare for out of towners.

I do think a WotC Con would be a good idea...
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 01:31:16 PM »
  A side note, one thing that drives me crazy is when politicians pass laws and then realize that there are problems with such legislation and then have to go back and pass more legislation to fix said bill. IMHO if various people along the chain did their job they would not have to go back and fix it in the first place.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 02:17:40 PM »
It's amazing how messed up some of our laws and law-making is.

Just a few years ago a small tax came off of peoples phone service bills.  It was a tax imposed to pay for the Spanish-American War!  Things like that are one of the reasons they have a hard time getting people to vote for taxes to pay for certain things... because they know the money will get shuffled off elsewhere and the tax will remain in place far to long.  People ranted and raved about the old stadium here in Seattle (the Kingdome) not even being paid for when it was brought down to make a new one.  The reason is because they'd constantly funneled money away from the tax that was created to pay for it.  What they need to do is, in the legalities of the tax, say that once the tax raises X amount of dollars it expires.

A friend and I once joked about driving around in the fog in Seattle with one of us on the hood of the car holding a lantern... why?  Because, guess what, there's still a law on the books that says you have to!
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline Weald Walker

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 11:48:42 AM »
I do not remember the Gen Con dates but does it not traditionally run into World Series of Poker dates?

Just FYI - Looks like you could play....and play. ;D
WSOP 2015 (Vegas): May 27th - July 14th
GENCON 2015 (Indy...for now): July 30th - August 2nd
http://www.wsop.com/2015/2015-wsop-schedule.pdf

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."--- Mark Twain

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 02:19:41 PM »
 Thanks for the dates, I do remember them moving dates around when they went to a 2 step tournament with the "top 10" play off's being at a later time. I just did not remember when it was.
 I also think the Hot August Nights event would not put a huge impact in things but I have herd that at time the event can get huge and boisterous.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.