Author Topic: Harp Fantasy Core Book printed version errata  (Read 29788 times)

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: Harp Fantasy Core Book printed version errata
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 01:21:43 PM »
Outdoorsman = Survivalist, correct - thanks for noting it.  That was a last minute change and we missed the index.

Spider, Greater - Concept here was to make a super-sized spider with great intelligence and mystical capabilities. I removed the Natural Weapon abilities so that the emphasis would not be on physical but instead on special abilities (spells, webs, etc.) If you want to put 2 Natural Weapons back in you can, and then I would reduce jumping to 33 ranks (+106 total).
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2013, 08:08:55 PM »
If anyone knows of other errata, specifically related to the creatures/monsters in chapter 13 please try to point them out within the next week. I promise to try my best to respond to any errata observations with a less than 24 hour turn-around (humanoids to be addressed by Tuesday AM).  I'd like to get Monk an updated table by the end of the day Friday for his AutoHARP program.

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2013, 09:44:46 PM »
Chapter 10 COMBAT-

Determining Initiative on page 91 does not actually state how to calculate your initiative.
It lists plenty of modifiers but no rule on how to actually work it out
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2013, 10:03:05 PM »
Page 91 - Left column near the bottom has:  (Bold done by me for emphasis)
Determining Initiative
In a combat round lasting only two seconds, most actions occur very close together. HARP makes use of an Initiative system to assist the Gamemaster in keeping track of the order in which actions are taken by the Player Characters, monsters, and/or NPCs during the combat round. All players must declare their actions for the round before
rolling Initiative, and then roll to determine who actually gets to act first. Each player rolls a single ten-sided die adding in their character’s Quickness and Insight bonuses, taking into account any situational modifiers. The character with the highest total acts first, then the second highest, and so on, until everyone has had the opportunity to act.
The GM must also roll Initiative for any monsters or other foes as well, adding their Initiative bonus to the result.

With this system, players are required to roll Initiative each round due to changing conditions, such as combatants entering or leaving the fray, wounds received, or even magical effects. These uncontrollable instances can easily alter when characters will be able to take action.

Is this what you are looking for?  Or did you want more details?

Offline Turbs

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2013, 10:11:30 PM »
yep..

totally stared at that paragraph for about 10 minutes and never saw that line..
I knew I'd read it somewhere o.O
The universe is hostile. So impersonal. Devour to survive; So it is; So it's always been.  ~Tool; Vicarious~

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2013, 07:42:44 AM »
If anyone knows of other errata, specifically related to the creatures/monsters in chapter 13 please try to point them out within the next week. I promise to try my best to respond to any errata observations with a less than 24 hour turn-around (humanoids to be addressed by Tuesday AM).  I'd like to get Monk an updated table by the end of the day Friday for his AutoHARP program.

I may well spot some more as I complete my update of the AutoHarp database. I'm currently at the Trolls.

I have also notice that some creatures (like the spiders) have only one Natural Weapon entry, yet Table 13.4 states more the one physical attacks based natural weapons. I couldn't say if that was an error or by design.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2013, 10:44:07 AM »
More of a clarification then an error.

Wasp, Giant has a BMR Type Flight/Multi-legged and a BMR 20/44. Am I to understand that it flies at 20 and walks at 44?

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2013, 11:35:57 AM »
The Zombie has a few talents that don't look right:

Demon Fear (Class 1), shouldn't it be Undead Fear (Class 1)?
Demon Vision, shouldn't it be Undead Vision?

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2013, 08:32:44 PM »
More of a clarification then an error.

Wasp, Giant has a BMR Type Flight/Multi-legged and a BMR 20/44. Am I to understand that it flies at 20 and walks at 44?

Correct, they are reversed.  44 is the flying speed. 20 is the walking speed.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
The Zombie has a few talents that don't look right:

Demon Fear (Class 1), shouldn't it be Undead Fear (Class 1)?
Demon Vision, shouldn't it be Undead Vision?

Correct - looks like a miscopy on my part when I passed the raw data for layout. 
Thanks!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »

I may well spot some more as I complete my update of the AutoHarp database. I'm currently at the Trolls.

I have also notice that some creatures (like the spiders) have only one Natural Weapon entry, yet Table 13.4 states more the one physical attacks based natural weapons. I couldn't say if that was an error or by design.

I'll do a full review of Natural weapons and physical attacks across the board.  Not every physical attack should have a corresponding natural weapon.

Offline capmarvel

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »
Hello...new to the forum so I apologize if I should know this:

I was about to buy the HARP Fantasy book on RPGNow, but then looked at this forum and see this errata thread.   If I purchase the PDF now, will I get the update when the corrections are made?

Thanks!

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »
Yes, once the pdf is updated with the corrections from this errata, everyone who has registered on RPGNow.com for update notifications will be advised and will be able to download the update for free.

If you don't set up RPGNow for notifications you can always follow this thread as we will announce any new releases here when they are done - but the RPGNow method is a good confirmation.

Welcome to the forums!

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »

As I was looking at Instant spells (based on the thread below), my 2nd edition PDF (of indeterminate vintage) has the following ...

pg 116 (PDF, book page 115) - 2nd Para is titled "Anonymous Spell *" ??
also there are two "= spell is cast instantaneously" on the page (2nd col bottom and below the table) with no "*"

Has this been fixed?
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2013, 06:58:55 AM »

As I was looking at Instant spells (based on the thread below), my 2nd edition PDF (of indeterminate vintage) has the following ...

pg 116 (PDF, book page 115) - 2nd Para is titled "Anonymous Spell *" ??
also there are two "= spell is cast instantaneously" on the page (2nd col bottom and below the table) with no "*"

Has this been fixed?

I have Anonymous Spell * on page 117(look at the page number printed at the bottom of the page), but this is an example of a spell description. This is not an error as far as I can see

You should go to RPGnow and download the latest version, unless you download your copy after May 2013.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2013, 12:00:21 PM »

Ah so you think "Anonymous Spell *" means something like - "Sample Spell" ok ... Does your version have the * in front of
"= spell is cast ... "?
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »

Ah so you think "Anonymous Spell *" means something like - "Sample Spell" ok ... Does your version have the * in front of
"= spell is cast ... "?

Yes is does.

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »
Anonymous Spell = Sample Spell....
It is just to show you what the entries in the Spell section will look like and the * is there to show where you would find the * in the Spell section.

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
Try fighting Zombies with their immunity to stun, bleeding and reduced damage from various weapon types and then tell me they are harmless.  So you hit first so what, if you don't get an instant kill they are going to hit you back and keep hitting you.

This was in response to someone complaining about -7 init on Zombies
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline dagorhir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2013, 04:26:31 PM »
Try fighting Zombies with their immunity to stun, bleeding and reduced damage from various weapon types and then tell me they are harmless.  So you hit first so what, if you don't get an instant kill they are going to hit you back and keep hitting you.

This was in response to someone complaining about -7 init on Zombies

They are certainly a challenge.  ;D