Author Topic: Show us your gaming collection  (Read 1990 times)

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Show us your gaming collection
« on: February 21, 2013, 08:25:53 AM »
Me first:

I don't know how to get is to images will just show up on a posting, so you need to flip through my flckr photo set (though you can do it as a slideshow, and that looks better).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91320784@N07/8492194459/in/set-72157632811859743
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Zut

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Groupe de discussion Yahoo! sur Cyradon
Re: Show us your gaming collection
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
 :o :o :o
Impressive! I thought I had a nice little collection, but it's nothing compared to yours! It looks like the collection of books we have at my RPG club. I saw you even have Descent 2nd edition: I love this game!
What is the difference between a geek and a scientific researcher? The researcher gets paid.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:47:08 AM »
Yours look nice, suspect like they were all purchased new and mint..   :o

Me? I'm too ashamed to photograph mine, mostly are 2nd hand (purchased off Bring & Buy's at gaming convetions)... they are kept in 7 bookcases, one largish cabinet (and 4 piles about 2ft high on the floor next to me as I type)  :-[

Last time I counted (circa 2005)... there were about 300 RPG systems...I've never counted all the supplements or magazines. The wargames and figures I keep in a shed though....

Offline intothatdarkness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
No Mythus?  ;)

My collection's far more erratic than that, and mostly out of boxes now (it was easier to move the books loose). It's also been weeded once or twice. But I've still got the original Star Trek RPG, Mythus, original Gamma World, original Twilight 2000 and some stuff like that.
Darn that salt pork!

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55:15 AM »
No Mythus?  ;)

My collection's far more erratic than that, and mostly out of boxes now (it was easier to move the books loose). It's also been weeded once or twice. But I've still got the original Star Trek RPG, Mythus, original Gamma World, original Twilight 2000 and some stuff like that.
Nope, no Mythus - it never appealed to me for some reason. But take a closer look at the one titled "Mix shelf" and you will see a weird variety.

This is my third set of game books; the first was collected from 78-ish until I went into the Marine Corps in 91, then I collected more for the 6-years I was in the Corps. (Even got a big box of games shipped to me while in Desert Storm - and ran some games while there!) My collection would be about 3 more of the shorter shelving units full if adding all of those, without including duplicates (which I already have, if you noticed).

Yours look nice, suspect like they were all purchased new and mint..   :o
Some were, but as I said, this is my third set, so most of the older were bought from used books stores and such. But I do try to get the best condition available, and for those games I really, really like I will have multiple copies: shelf copy and use copy.

Me? I'm too ashamed to photograph mine,
Don't you dare be ashamed of your game collection, no matter the condition. It is a proud hobby, full of nobility, and.....err, well, it fun and nobody gets hurt (if you are doing it right), so no reason to be ashamed.

Last time I counted (circa 2005)... there were about 300 RPG systems...I've never counted all the supplements or magazines. The wargames and figures I keep in a shed though....
I have never counted how many, I am too scared.  :'(
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
I purged mine years ago due to space constraints... but I wouldn't have had as much as the OP.  What I've kept is my MERP, RotG, most of the RM2-RMSS-RMFP products and assembled folders with various materials for all those (customized RMSS using stuff from all of them), SpaceMaster, some Star Wars stuff (for use with SM) and a small number of the more valuable/rare original D&D books (and the 2nd Ed Monster Manual just for creating new ones for RM), and a few of the original WotC Primal Order books.

Now, I do have a load of Dwarven Forge stuff (probably a stack of boxes about 5 feet tall), around four boxes of mini's, some models for tabletop gaming use (including five ship models I recently picked up), some of the Pathfinder table-top map/flip folders, some large scale vinyl maps or large scale copies of other maps (like Anhk Mor-Pork).
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline sunwolf

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:49:22 PM »
That was impressive looking.
I don't think I have enough to bother photographing and not very organized, we moved late last spring and some things are still not organized.  Didn't see Powers & Perils in your collection, but I might have missed it.  I might have more Board games than you but I did start out with Board Games before RPGs.
Anything that makes the GMs life easier without messing the game up will always get a vote from me.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 06:35:42 AM »
That was impressive looking.
I don't think I have enough to bother photographing and not very organized, we moved late last spring and some things are still not organized.  Didn't see Powers & Perils in your collection, but I might have missed it.  I might have more Board games than you but I did start out with Board Games before RPGs.
Nope, no Powers & Peril, but I have been looking at it recently. I don't have many boardgames because I generally don't get into them; they are contest-based, and I prefer cooperative-based activities.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 08:35:59 AM »
RandalThor,
 We played a new board game called Legendary - The Marvel Deck-Building Game from Upper Deck, which is both a co op and a contest based game. We had a lot of fun playing both a 5 and 4 player game. You might want to look into the info of the game to see if you and your group might like it.
[/color]MDC
[/color]
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Grinnen Baeritt

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
A good co-operative board game... Pandemic. Trust me, it's really good.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »
A good co-operative board game... Pandemic. Trust me, it's really good.

And the "intro-to-Pandemic" Forbidden Island. :) (Good as well.)
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **