Author Topic: Director's Briefing - July 2023  (Read 862 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - July 2023
« on: July 17, 2023, 04:36:48 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-forty-fourth Briefing (echoes of a Long Expected Party) and seventh scheduled Briefing of 2023.

Gen Con 2023

Preparations continue apace for Gen Con with T-shirts being designed, orders placed for hardcover and softcover books, and finishing touches being made to convention scenarios. If you are at Gen Con, do drop by the booth and have a chat with Jonathan Dale, Aaron Smalley, Nick Morawitz or Monte Iafrate or play in their games. Dave Martin (of which more below) is also running HARP SF games based on his Corporate Worlds manuscript. We hope everyone has a great time at Gen Con.

RMU

The proof copies for Spell Law did arrive safely and were as expected. For Gen Con, we have ordered two large shipments of books (one including copies of Core Law and HARP Subterfuge, and a second batch including copies of Spell Law). I am nervously waiting on word of the books being printed and shipped.

ERA for Rolemaster

Max has continued to work on his todo list. There have been further updates to the core ERA software and a revision of the Rolemaster Unified Spell Law dataset so it should now be in line with the up to date version of the book.

HARP and AutoHARP

I returned to my editing of Dave Martin’s adventure module, Banecroft: The Mage’s Tale. I have completed the editing pass – I need only a couple of tweaks from Dave – so we should be able to send that into artwork commissioning and cartography commissioning phases.

In terms of AutoHARP, David Klecker is working on a new version of AutoHARP. The new version will have a web-based UI, but still run under Windows and OSX. He will be happy to answer questions about this on the ICE forums. He would welcome beta testers for the new version. His intention is to have the new version ready for release in October/November. We will arrange to migrate existing AutoHARP customers to the new version seamlessly.

Until next time
I am off to edit another HARP manuscript with more details on that next month.
Please stay safe and keep gaming.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme