Author Topic: A new unified RM and why im looking forward.  (Read 1605 times)

Offline count_zero99uk

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
A new unified RM and why im looking forward.
« on: August 02, 2012, 12:01:57 PM »
Hi all,

Ill be more than happy when i new Rolemaster comes out simple reason.  I dont own any of the other versions.

Im looking forward to taking a group forward with a minimum set of books and slowly adding to this as new products get released.  Not diving in to a set of hundreds of books.

This is something ive been waiting for for a long time.  A freind of mind picked up the RMSS starter rules a long time ago and tried to run the game with that and some other addons he had bought, but then realised he didnt have all the rules that we needed as the starter set was cut down and he then didnt want to spend more money doubling up on some of the rules.

To me rolemaster is a great a varied thing that the GM can use to his benefit and tell the story he wants, the options that are out there for those who have grown with RM are great.  But for those of us comming in from the wilds and trying to wash the stink of D20's off its a little intimidating to say the least.

Hurry up with the trial rules, hurry up i say so i can do a bait and switch on my group.

Take care
Brian.

Offline Jinor

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: A new unified RM and why im looking forward.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
I am happy for the new unified Rolemaster for the simple reason it is Rolemaster. Every edition of RM, even if you consider MERP as the starting point, has given me countless hours of fun. I have played MERP, RM2 and RMFRP, and will play the new version as well. Maybe I am quite the optimist, but for me the following has been reality so far.

Rolemaster has never let me down.
Non Nobis Solum Nati Sumus

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Re: A new unified RM and why im looking forward.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
Rolemaster has never let me down.

Exactly.  When I first saw the first edition of Arms Law about 32 years ago, I knew the best RPG system had been created.  I have always purchased anything RM (except the seemingly endless editions of the Rolemaster Companions, after RoCo4).  I still love the original RM system, love the new RMFRP system, and will probably love the new URM system.

I can't wait because I just designed and HTML-JavaScript based applet for generating new species/races for the RMSS/FRP system (still going through approval).  Now, I want to design it to fit the URM system.

The only thing RM that let me down was RoCo4.  After seeing it and thinking, "This is crap," I stopped by the other RoCos that came afterword.  Then my family was murdered.  I dropped out of role-playing for quite a few years.  And when I came back, the RMFRP system was out.  It was a shock at first, but like any military soldier, I quickly adapted and fell in love with this new system.

And as said, hurry up, so I can buy the new URM system.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.