Author Topic: Hello, new to HARP but enthousiastic.  (Read 847 times)

Offline Alien

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Hello, new to HARP but enthousiastic.
« on: January 20, 2023, 09:29:08 AM »
Hi my name is Alexander I have been involved in the roleplaying game hobby ever since the late 80's. Ran into MERP back then, as well other games I still play like Call of Cthulhu. Due to a review of HARP fantasy on YouTube I dropped by drivethrurpg.com and have today ordered in my fourth HARP book. I am definitely looking forward to playing the game, and hopefully get some new players the right kind off game.. Been looking for that for some years now, and I think I have my answer and theirs in HARP fantasy. Nice to get to know you all. Greets from Holland.

Offline foilfodder

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Hello, new to HARP but enthousiastic.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 09:41:50 AM »
Welcome to the forums! I do not post much but there are several active and helpful people that post regularly. Although most posts lately seem centered on the new Rolemaster release. HARP-lite is my current favorite among I.C.E.'s material and I am not very familiar with the newer editions of HARP or RM.

Hope you have an awesome start Alexander!

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 09:19:40 AM »
The only part of HARP that my players did not like was the combat as it really dragged on with the low hits and crits even for large roll results. Check out the Alternate Combat on the Forum as it worked wonders for me and my players and is Highly recommended.
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline katastrophe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 03:23:06 PM »
Alternate combat?

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 03:58:41 PM »
Go to https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=17335.20 to see about this as it was a big improvement for the overall HARP Combat.
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline katastrophe

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 02:09:29 PM »
Go to https://ironcrown.co.uk/ICEforums/index.php?topic=17335.20 to see about this as it was a big improvement for the overall HARP Combat.

Thanks sir.