Author Topic: Why are there no spell lists to help find secret openings?  (Read 415 times)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I have searched high and dry and have found no spells for any profession that help in locating secret openings. Since it is common to every dungeon, you would think there would be at least one?

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Why are there no spell lists to help find secret openings?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 01:34:49 PM »
I have searched high and dry and have found no spells for any profession that help in locating secret openings. Since it is common to every dungeon, you would think there would be at least one?
I don't know - how often do you do dungeon delves ? I have not done one for the last fifteen years...

Then again, there are secret passages in castles. But most of the time, you are better off trying to find clues to find them - minute defects in stone, wood panels that do not seem to fit perfectly, areas on the floor that seem to accumulate less dust than in other places, and so on - normal perception stuff. Because paying attention is not necessarily suspicious, but casting spells when the castle owners are around certainly can be :)

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 03:30:02 PM »
There are plenty of spells that augment one's senses or allow one to see through quantities of wood or stone. Just because a spell isn't called "Find Secret Door" doesn't mean you cannot use it when trying to find secret doors.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.

Offline Falconer

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 09:22:52 AM »
Yeah, check out True Sight and Sense Mastery, I think they about cover it.