Author Topic: What happens when a caster stops concentrating on a summoned creature?  (Read 458 times)

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
I have a general rule that if a summoned creature is attacking something it will continue to attack. But let's say the thing it was attacking is dead and the caster goes off somewhere else. What happens to the creature? DOes it attack the nearest PC? Does it run away? Do nothing?

Offline Ralfsi

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: What happens when a caster stops concentrating on a summoned creature?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 12:18:55 AM »
In my GMs world, depending of the creature, it's goes back to its "normal state" ie, an animal will try to run away, a elemental fade into their world, a deamon will duck everything up if possible and a human will either feel betrayed and attack the summoner, or try to understand what just happend

[Ducks are more family friendly]

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 03:05:13 AM »
IMHO, a summoned creature is still a creature. If it is not controlled, it will revert to its basic behaviour - fleeing, trying to negotiate, lashing out at those who attacked it, unleash destruction in as wide an area as possible... the summoner overwrites that basic behaviour with their own directives, but left to its own devices, the creature behaves according to its nature and instinct.

Offline alloowishus

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 09:47:58 PM »
That's the way I thought, thanks.