Author Topic: Rolemaster update on Fantasy Grounds  (Read 800 times)

Offline Randwulf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Rolemaster update on Fantasy Grounds
« on: March 28, 2020, 10:34:24 AM »
Dakadin is putting on the Fantasy Grounds test channel a new updated version of RMC. The rules have not changed but it is now up to date with the latest version of Fantasy Grounds Classic. It will be tested on Fantasy Grounds Unity too.

His full post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55141-RolemasterClassic-ruleset-v2-0-(based-on-CoreRPG)&p=486780#post486780)

Some new features:
  • Party Sheet
  • Calendar
  • Modifiers
  • Quests
  • Parcels
  • New side bar items
  • Handling for conditional critical effects
  • Armour items now track AT, DB bonus, MM penalties, and protections for 6 different locations.
  • Power points for PP multipliers and tracking of spell adder uses

This has been a change long sought after and something, quite frankly, ICE should have been on top of rather than relying on a committed fan to keep them in the online game. In fact, I mailed Nicholas about this very update that Dakadin was working on in September 2018 asking if they could support him in anyway. I never even got a reply.

Offline Majyk

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster update on Fantasy Grounds
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »
Yeah, I don’t get how GW(Games Workshop/Granny)-like not helping to promote your rabidly loyal community is as a best practice.

This, with what has turned into a web-based niche business for ICE over the decades, where word of mouth and a loyal following is King.

GW’s Bloodbowl was a dead community driven game with the same millenia-old fanbase that got no love, too.
In fact, the community ended up updating rules and even collectivized the best and created a new community-only rulebook(v6), all on their own. 
Each step of the way, they’d ask for permission not to step on any toes for potential BB products coming out.
Each time they received either no response or less, apathy.

After all this hard work, and after getting permission that nothing was happening with the license(it could have been given away for how worthless it was at the time) all they got for it were cease and desist letters from a new IP helper they’d hired.

Hard feelings developed, and they lost many diehards.

To this day, I’ll never buy a GW product New - I’ll only do so privately from a fan that used said item, and even then I stepped away from the game when I was injured and couldn’t “hover-sit” in perpetual readiness, like many wargames require of players.

Granny finally did see the light of day eventually and after decades in the dustbin, started engaging the BB Community.
They finally saw the cashcow the fans kept burning for them all those decades long lost.

It started with being on top of community engagement.

Don’t be Granny, ICE.
We’re fine playing RM2.  :-[

Sorry for venting.
I just hate hearing - and experiencing - radio silence for bright ideas or expecting the tiniest of “good dog” head pats from a company we all believe in...or did at one glorious time.

I still want to see ICE become successful again - I just don’t see it happening with the way things get left by the wayside for opportunities to engage that tiny flame of fandom we all still share for that flagship of products: RM.

Offline J.r.

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Rolemaster update on Fantasy Grounds
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »
Will surely try the new RM version on FG. It helps a lot to speed up things while being the same feeling.