Author Topic: Phantasm X  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Ginger McMurray

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Phantasm X
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 02:49:13 PM »
Is a mature discussion with the player an option? If not, why is she in the group?
No pre-written adventure survives contact with the GM.

Offline Ruffie

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 06:39:01 AM »
Without going into too much detail about the casting of illusions and changing the system; I wouldn't change the way that the character is using that spell. The system allows for this to happen but it also allows for you as a GM to react to this way of playing. The world would react to something like this by for example:

1. Somebody who is this powerful? Send an assassin to cut her down.
2. The local villagers would become afraid of her and flee. Leaving her in a castle without food or servants etc.
3. A powerful caster is recruited. He goes along with the attacking force and casts invisivble on himself. The moment the giant appears…. cancel essence.

The problem shouldn't be in the way the players uses the rules but in the way the world reacts. I have a player who is Always looking for loopholes. He finds them and uses them once or twice. Then the world gets wise and reacts.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 07:41:21 PM »
I have a player who is Always looking for loopholes. He finds them and uses them once or twice. Then the world gets wise and reacts.

For me, it's the GM who gets wise and reacts. :)  Usually the very next gaming session. 
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!