Author Topic: Avatar, The Last Airbender for Rolemaster?  (Read 1200 times)

Offline shnar

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Avatar, The Last Airbender for Rolemaster?
« on: May 22, 2012, 01:03:02 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has ever considered adapting Avatar, the Last Airbender into Rolemaster mechanics? Their "spell" system is more of a martial arts system (i.e. certain maneuvers to perform different bending actions) though I suppose you could justify the spell-preparation to mean the maneuvers/motions the character is going through (so more experienced characters can do it faster, while younger characters have to do the whole range of motions to "bend water", etc).

Anyways, just wondering if anyone's considered this before I embark on it, to give me a headstart?

-shnar

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Avatar, The Last Airbender for Rolemaster?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:07:51 AM »
After reading Fire and Ice I thought about it.  The list are well designed to split elemental casting up by element.

SCSM can remain the same with the kata being special effect.  No Hnads means no motions, no voice remains silent casting.  It could be fun to invent hand motions or vocalizations for casting, if your players are into it, or just for a one time display by the GM in game for entertainment purposes.

You will have to invent spells.  I have seen the cartoon a few times and the movie, so I am no expert on the show.  But I would want:

Push spells: by element, cause unbalance crits, step the spells (Air Blast I (A crit), Air Blast II (B crit), etc.

Binding spells: Chains of Light, Earth Shackles, etc.  Design each grapple so it hinders but allows for escape by some means OR do grapple crits.  RMCI has an awesome chains of light spell.

Elemental armors and movement spells. 

I have to run...house work and gardens, sigh.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.