Author Topic: Armory question (prices of weapons)  (Read 1467 times)

Offline smug

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Armory question (prices of weapons)
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
I assume this has come up before, but how much are the weapons in the armoury (such as hand crossbow) supposed to cost?

Put this question in the main Rolemaster forum because even though it's in RMFRP red, it seems to me that there's no issue using it with RMC (as I plan to do) and that other people have probably done that.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: Armory question (prices of weapons)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 02:38:30 PM »
I had no idea on things like that or any item/commodity that wasn't explicitly mentioned in any adventure book but found the '...and a 10 foot pole' book to be incredibly helpful!

It listed all sorts of prices for items and services and it was broken down into various major time periods. It also listed the size, weight, availability and time to make the items as well as the price.  Here's a better description - http://www.icewebring.com/ICE_Products/Misc/SS_5703_10_ft_Pole.php

I got mine from ebay and I'm not sure whether it's a product that's going to be brought back into print by new ICE as it's very old now. If it's under consideration, perhaps only redoing specific time periods and selling them as small PDFs as the rest of the book that wasn't 'medieval' time period was a total waste of time for me (although I found it well worth the price even for that 1 time period I needed).
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline smug

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 03:05:03 PM »
Good point, actually, I have 10 foot pole.

Myself, I'd love to see the whole thing reissued, but perhaps I'm in a minority. It's quality, though (I shall use it for my next pulp Savage Worlds game).

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »
Good point, actually, I have 10 foot pole.

Myself, I'd love to see the whole thing reissued, but perhaps I'm in a minority. It's quality, though (I shall use it for my next pulp Savage Worlds game).

I just had to order a new one as my copy walked away as well as a copy a friend gave me. I also know a few groups that use the book for many other games besides RM.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.