Author Topic: Evocative Exorcism  (Read 2233 times)

giulio.trimarco

Evocative Exorcism
« on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:19 AM »
I'm preparing a mini-campagin set in 1250 AD, Europe.

There will be same daemons, and they will need to be "exorcised".
But... I'de like it to be an "evocative" and perilous task.

How can I obtain such an intent using RM rules?
I'm not interested in "house rules".

Explanation: I imagine that one PC with the "exorcism capability" confront the daemon "mentally", while others PCs will try to keep the daemon from harming the exorcist.
All this during the course of some rounds.
The mental conflict should not be an "out - out" process but something fluid,like a duel.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:20:37 AM by giulio.trimarco »

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Evocative Exorcism
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:24:12 PM »
Use the Will Table.  It is in Channeling Companion.  The exorcist will engage the spirit in a battle of will.  The table allows for the battle to swing back and forth with each able to influence the other, at least until someone wins the battle and cast out the other (or in the case of the spirit, perhaps chooses to occupy the exorcist).
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

giulio.trimarco

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 02:22:41 PM »
Thanks!

It seems very interesting!
It should be adaptable to RMC...

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »
The original version of the Will Combat table is in RMCI...err, Rolemaster Companion I.  If you have that, you have what you need already.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

giulio.trimarco

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 01:31:45 AM »
Sadly I have not...   :'(