Author Topic: show me you cool ships  (Read 3566 times)

Togaras

show me you cool ships
« on: December 03, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »
Hey all!

I am looking for some inspiration. Who can give me the stats of cool space ships, star stations or gunboats. I would like to read why the ships are cool, what makes them to be nice and how balanced they are in space or athmospheric fights? Are they used/owned by player characters or by npcs?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: show me you cool ships
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »
 I do not have any that I could post as they were a mix of SM2, SM:P and T4; rules. I did use quite a few ships from the varous SM2 ship products and I would recomend the PDF's. In most cases though cargo is very important for just about everything as well as maintance costs. I do not think thier are hard and fast rules for maintance costs in SM:P [I could be wrong] but this is a huge part of ship ownership.

IMO most best ships are going to have better than average in the category you are looking for. But just like in real life cost vs profit is everything. If playing in SM:P universe remember robots, driods ect that can work long hours, require few consumables and shipboard space. They can be a very important part of any ship.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline GalaionEmpire

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Lord of the Empire
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 01:55:19 AM »
Ya I have a few.
1 Karvak (Cruiser) the Karvak class is built on the typical Galaion design long and lean although the ship has seeming vulnerable broad sides they are in fact the worst place to attack as many of the ships weapons are fixed or able to fire from the sides.  The long and lean is also to help against the riggers of bridge travel (Einstein-Rosenberg Space Bridge). Galaion also build large war ships with out central power. Although there is a power distribution system there is no single power source. Each of the ships systems are independently powered by its own differential power system (vacuum power).   

Mass: 100000. Armor: XIX compact reduces crits by 2. Screens: 70. EW: 40/70.
Hits: 12500. Rad.Shield: 80.
Demotions: 60m tall, 25m wide, and 135m longe.
Tractor Beams: all Galaion tractor beams are gravity based.
1-Mk. 50 forward. 2-Mk. 30 ventral forward, and aft. 4-Mk. 20 Port/starboard mid ship, dorsal for/aft.

Fighters / Shuttles:
6-Nak?ta Cutal 50MT deployed port/starboard mid ship.
6-Broad Heads 40MT deployed port/starboard mid ship.
10-EVA/ Power armored 1/2MT deployed flight deck or any air lock.
2- Om?-Ga 100MT deployed forward.

Troops: 50 Means.

Weapons: Galaion auto cannons are Gravity Linear Accelerator (advanced rail guns).
2-Mk.50 Blasters flex, Forward
4-Mk.30 Laser turrets, DM,VF,PM,SM.
8-Mk.20 Ion turrets, DF,DA,VF,VA,FS,AS,FP,AP.
4-Mk.30 GLA turrets, DF,DA,VF,VA. 
8-Mk.10 GLA turrets, FM,DM,VF,VA,SM,SA,PM,PA.
2-Mk.40 Torpedo/Missile launcher fixed, Port/Starboard mid aft.
4-Mk.30 Torpedo/Missile launcher fixed PM,PA,SM,SA.
8-Mk.10 Missile launcher turrets, DM,VF,PF,PM,PA,SF,SM,SA.

HUD: all weapons that can use HUD +20

Ammo: the Gravity Linear Accelerators are capable of launching anything thing that will fit in its chamber. (rocks and salvage) but ammo is cared as it is more effective.
Mk.40 Torpedo/Missile 100 each.
Mk.30 Torpedo/Missile 150 each.
Mk.10 Torpedo/Missile 250 each.
Mk.30 GLA 166 each.
Mk.10 GLA 250 each.

Armor Belt: +25
Alloy: +25
Base DB: 200

Communications: Micro: Yes, Tachyon: 5 units, Tight Beam: 5 units, Quantum: 5 units.
Sensors: Basic 5 sets and Advanced.
Decoys: 25.    Point Defense: 6X24.
Drives: Reactionless, thrust Gs: 2
Maneuverability: +10
FTL: Alternative Drive 100 light years per bridge.
Control Areas: 379
Crew: 658 Crew Quarters: 645, Fires class 1(caption), Standard Stat rooms 2(officers), Military stat rooms 10 (officers).
Sick Bay Patient Capacity: 15
Work Shop: Mass: 3000, Volume: 6000, CIP: 10.5m
Recreation Facilities: Yes, Medical Dispensary: Yes
Cargo Hold: Mass: 23700, Volume: 103300
Streamlining: No
Landing Gear: No

Maybe in a day or two I will but the ships it has on board.
This ship design is the sole property of the Empire. Any attempt to steal or copy this ship may result in forfeiture of sovereignty and or freedom.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 02:05:04 AM by GalaionEmpire »
drrnage E ih unarEy

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 08:55:03 AM »
I never design ships.  Maybe mod one of the example ships in the various books, but I keep space combat as simple as possible.

IMO, at the speeds space ships travel at, human interface isn't going to add much to a weapons system ability to aim and fire anyway, so I often recommend players not even develop weapon skills for them, with a few exceptions (like MIRVS and some fighters).

lynn
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.