Author Topic: NOBLE ARMOR ISSUE (NOBLE WARRIOR BASE)  (Read 1683 times)

Offline mrfantastic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
NOBLE ARMOR ISSUE (NOBLE WARRIOR BASE)
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:55:39 AM »
CAN SHIELD BLOW SPELLS AND ANY ENHANCED ARMOR SPELL BE ACTIVE AT SAME TIME ? SINCE LIST STATE THIS " ONLY ONE SPELL FROM THIS LIST MAY BE ACTIVE ON A GIVEN INDIVIDUAL AND HIS SET OF ARMOR ". (MANUAL IS ROLEMASTER COMPANION 3 PAG 56)

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: NOBLE ARMOR ISSUE (NOBLE WARRIOR BASE)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:58 AM »
I would say yes, you could have a shield blow and an armoring spell active at the same time, because the target of the Shield Blow is a shield, while the target of the armoring spells is the armor.  I would not consider the shield to be a part of the armor, since a shield has no armor type and cannot be enchanted to have a higher AT like the armor can. So there are two different targets.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline brole

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »
I think they intended the reduction in critical severity to not be cumulative so that by combining Shield Blow and a Mystical armor spell you don't reduce severity by for example 3 with the Shield Blow and then a further 1 reduction with the Mystical armor.

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

e crits all round

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 08:44:22 PM »
Ah yes, I see what you mean. You are probably right about the intent.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »
I agree re: the intent.  I think I would rule that a Noble Warrior could have both spells active at the same time.  However, when he/she is attacked, the item recieving the attack (either armour or shield depending on attack location) would use its spell effect against the attack.  i.e. if the attack is not blocked by the shield, you would use the effect of Mystical Armour; if the attack is blocked by the shield, you would use the effect of Shield Blow.

Nightblade ->--

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »
The list was revised for the Armsmaster in RMSS Mentalism Companion, if you want a version that is clear....    The spells are different though so it does not simply clarify the RM2 version.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline mrfantastic

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 12:10:53 PM »
TY ALL FOR REPLY, I WOULD LET MY PLAYER USE BOTH SPELL AT SAME TIME, REAL PROBLEM IS , SINCE SHIELD BLOW AUTOMATICALLY INTERCEPT NEXT HIT AND TURN IT IN SHIELD STRIKE, IF HE HAS CRITICAL DECREASE FROM SHIELD BLOW THEN HE HAS THE ARMOR DECREASE TOO?? OR WE SUPPOSE THE ARMOR DECREASE NOT WORK CAUSE HE HIT THE SHIELD AND SO NEVER COME IN CONTACT WITH ARMOR ?? TY IN ADVANCE

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 09:54:27 PM »
I would rule just the Shield & no Armour for the reason you stated (the attack only hits the shield & not the armour).

Nightblade ->--

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 10:05:40 PM »
I would rule just the Shield & no Armour for the reason you stated (the attack only hits the shield & not the armour).

That seems reasonable, and it agrees with the original intent I would say too.

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 03:56:33 AM »
TY ALL FOR REPLY, I WOULD LET MY PLAYER USE BOTH SPELL AT SAME TIME, REAL PROBLEM IS , SINCE SHIELD BLOW AUTOMATICALLY INTERCEPT NEXT HIT AND TURN IT IN SHIELD STRIKE, IF HE HAS CRITICAL DECREASE FROM SHIELD BLOW THEN HE HAS THE ARMOR DECREASE TOO?? OR WE SUPPOSE THE ARMOR DECREASE NOT WORK CAUSE HE HIT THE SHIELD AND SO NEVER COME IN CONTACT WITH ARMOR ?? TY IN ADVANCE
Note: stop shouting, please.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.