Author Topic: Walls (Barrier Law etc)  (Read 2410 times)

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Walls (Barrier Law etc)
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 10:14:13 AM »
I recall an ADnD game I watched once.  The wizards were flying, invisible and dropping iron walls on a castle.  The DM has calculated the weight of the walls and when targeted at foes, it was save or die.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 02:12:43 PM »
Yammahoper,
 Sounds like me, when I watch some ADnD games I have to save or die. But then again some ADnD games I have seen have been truly innovative and exceptional in nature.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 12:33:13 AM »
I recall an ADnD game I watched once.  The wizards were flying, invisible and dropping iron walls on a castle.  The DM has calculated the weight of the walls and when targeted at foes, it was save or die.
I think, as a GM, I'd consider the casting of the wall a hostile action based on the intent and make them become visible.  However, if the wizards were smart, they'd just fly higher than the range of the castles weapons.  Good tactic though.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 08:38:19 AM »
Yammahoper,
 Sounds like me, when I watch some ADnD games I have to save or die. But then again some ADnD games I have seen have been truly innovative and exceptional in nature.
MDC

;D

Hahahahaha.

You so deserve a laugh point for that.  Please don't watch to many ADnD games.  Even my lucky d20 pops a 1 on occasion.  ;)
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline Moostik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster GM since 1993.
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 11:20:14 AM »
Yammahoper,
MDC

;D

Hahahahaha.

You so deserve a laugh point for that.  Please don't watch to many ADnD games.  Even my lucky d20 pops a 1 on occasion.  ;)

+1. Now all the other customers at the cafe I'm at are looking at me like "what's that wierdo laughing about??"
And I feel that way too. Must carry my charm of "Protection from DnD 10'r" at all times.