Author Topic: Random Updates from Terry Amthor  (Read 286362 times)

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Random Updates from Terry Amthor
« Reply #1320 on: June 24, 2018, 09:14:58 PM »
I have a feeling that the country mentioned in the SM2 Adventure Module Imperial Crisis (that House Devon is attempting to open diplomatic relations with) on the planet of Cerilseven is one of the countries in the east of Kulthea.  Or at least, that has always been my impression of that adventure.  I'd be interested to hear TKA's take on that theory…

Nightblade ->--

Offline terefang

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1321 on: June 25, 2018, 06:13:09 AM »
And I do kind of get why it will never happen. There is so much left to document about just the Western Hemisphere, and the Eastern Hemisphere is still completely undocumented.

I would like to know more about the East too. Given recent events it seems like it's time to learn more about it. I don't want to give any spoilers, consequently I am being pretty vague here, but a GM has a number of options now with regards to the east, and it's potentially a campaign setting depending on how things play out in a game.

i think the east should be left as "the great white spot" as it is,
for GMs to explore an develop with their own imagination.

I'd swallow cthulhu whole, with sushi and soy-sauce.

Currently: [BME] [FitD]
Legacy: [d6] [Genesys] [ArsMagicka] [MERP] [HARP] [Ubiquity] [d20] [WoD] [SR] [WHFRP] [WOIN/O.L.D.] [RM2/C]

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1322 on: June 25, 2018, 09:55:17 AM »
i think the east should be left as "the great white spot" as it is,
for GMs to explore an develop with their own imagination.

Leaving room for creativity isn't a bad thing. To me the east is a place with a very divergent timeline. What development took place after Kadæna's death, if any, would be very different from what happened in the west. We don't know enough about the First age to even begin to create a setting in the east imo.

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1323 on: June 25, 2018, 09:51:48 PM »
We don't know enough about the First age to even begin to create a setting in the east imo.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter…

Nightblade ->--

Offline brandivil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1324 on: July 06, 2018, 05:18:47 AM »
In the lore, if I remember correctly, didn't the gold dragon go off to investigate the EAST?

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1325 on: July 06, 2018, 10:15:45 AM »
In the lore, if I remember correctly, didn't the gold dragon go off to investigate the EAST?

That is what the other dragons suspect. There was a conversation to that effect in Loremaster Legacy during a meeting of the Dragonlords.

While it is small there is a map of the east here: http://www.eidolonstudio.com/Shadow_World/Maps.html

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1326 on: July 06, 2018, 09:26:22 PM »

That is what the other dragons suspect. There was a conversation to that effect in Loremaster Legacy during a meeting of the Dragonlords.

While it is small there is a map of the east here: http://www.eidolonstudio.com/Shadow_World/Maps.html

(click to show/hide)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1327 on: July 21, 2018, 06:22:19 AM »
Hi all, I'm back after a protracted illness. All better now. Unfortunately I had to cancel my GenCon trip, and Jaiman was delayed. However, now the Jaiman new edition is nearing completion, and the Haalkitaine 2nd Ed and all-new Emer IV are once again on track.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline brandivil

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1328 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:27 PM »
Glad to hear you are recovered and back on your feet. Look forward to the new material when it is ready

Offline Nightblade42

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1329 on: July 21, 2018, 09:29:50 PM »
Glad to hear you're feeling better, Terry!

Happy writing!  :)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1330 on: July 22, 2018, 06:57:46 AM »
Thanks guys. It has been a very difficult summer. I had actually scheduled events for gencon, had some adventures planned, printed layouts and character sheets, but it was not to be.

But back in the Elf-cave and doing final touches onJaiman, and also wrestling with MS Word as I work on the massive Emer IV all-new book.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline zyax1

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Lethys -the city
« Reply #1331 on: July 24, 2018, 02:47:49 AM »
Any prediction for non-TKA stuff and editing?
http://lethys.joabsson.se/

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1332 on: July 24, 2018, 06:54:47 AM »
Any prediction for non-TKA stuff and editing?

There are two projects in progress. I have asked Nicholas to seek other editors for these as my plate is full.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1333 on: July 25, 2018, 08:30:24 AM »
As GenCon approaches, I apologize again for not attending. Even though I had already done a lot of preparation, I was kind of dreading the trip. I do not have the mental or physical constitution for such an arduous trip. Even back in the olden days when I was young a physically fit, I went to GenCon (which was much smaller in Milwaukee, and the con was across the street from the hotel) with a team—the ICE staff—through the journey. We flew a wonderful airline before 9/11.

This time I felt like I would be largely on my own, on a crappy flight and long treks to the con.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Jenkyna

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1334 on: July 25, 2018, 09:32:28 AM »
As GenCon approaches, I apologize again for not attending. Even though I had already done a lot of preparation, I was kind of dreading the trip. I do not have the mental or physical constitution for such an arduous trip. Even back in the olden days when I was young a physically fit, I went to GenCon (which was much smaller in Milwaukee, and the con was across the street from the hotel) with a team—the ICE staff—through the journey. We flew a wonderful airline before 9/11.

This time I felt like I would be largely on my own, on a crappy flight and long treks to the con.

Don't worry about it your health is more important. I will make the observation here that if you did decide to go at some point there are probably a ton of people here who would totally want to hang out with you at the con.

Of course they'd probably be a bit more like groupies given who you are in the industry.  :P

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1335 on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:05 AM »
On the plus side I am pretty much recovered from my health issues, working on finishing Jaiman and Haalkitaine, and lots of progress on massive Emer IV.

Question: were the little encounter tables very helpful? They took me a little extra time, but if you want them again in Emer IV.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1336 on: July 25, 2018, 10:52:04 AM »
I personally love the encounter tables. I also can't wait for Emer IV!

Sorry to hear about your health, but if you do decide to go to Gencon in the future, I know there would be many people happy to help you out in any way you need. I couldn't make it this year due to my family, but next year I am planning to go, and my group includes several people who have played RM since 1st edition; all of us would be absolutely delighted to be your chauffeurs.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline starflt

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #1337 on: July 27, 2018, 01:31:21 PM »
Good to hear you're doing well now, Terry.

Are the SW events at Gencon officially cancelled or do you know if someone will step up to run them?  I haven't seen any official word elsewhere.  Heck, I'd be willing to take a shot running them if I could get the material to look at in advance, but I'd totally understand you not wanting to share it at this point.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1338 on: August 07, 2018, 06:36:59 AM »
Fueling up on coffee in prep for a writing and page layout day. Haalkitaine 2nd Edition and Emer IV! Will be switching to iced tea later...
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #1339 on: August 07, 2018, 06:40:07 AM »
I personally love the encounter tables. I also can't wait for Emer IV!

Sorry to hear about your health, but if you do decide to go to Gencon in the future, I know there would be many people happy to help you out in any way you need. I couldn't make it this year due to my family, but next year I am planning to go, and my group includes several people who have played RM since 1st edition; all of us would be absolutely delighted to be your chauffeurs.

Then there shall be encounter tables! Emer IV is exciting to work on; there is going to be so much more there than meets the eye (deserts).

Thanks so much for the offer re GenCon. I am feeling much better, but we'll see. I have to admit that the pictures I am seeing of this year's con do not make me want to go. It's huge and intimidating.  :-\
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.