Author Topic: Fave Characters  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Marrethiel

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Fave Characters
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
I thought I'd ramble on a bit about some of my favourite characters and their experiences in the many years of RMC games. We played with all the companions and at Epic levels most times.

Mr Pink: one of my few female charcters was the direct descendant of Shelob. The whole party were assassins, so rogues and night blades were common. I developed an eight weapon martial kata (using all eight limbs in spider form), combined with Combat Reflexes (SUC p68) spell list; she was deadly. As we generally ran the rule, if you can think of it you can spend Devs, the GM let me level up my poison which was of course never abused.

Alfred Bester: inspired from Babylon 5. This character used Psionics and was quite tough. Before the game started I told the GM he was a humanist and thought elves and such were to be tolerated but never trusted. Our evil GM years later revealed to us all that we were in fact aliens. Sigh, my once and only deliberate total party kill and suicide. But it was a fun way to end a campaign. When I levelled up next I put my whole level into Fate points via Wyrd Mastery (SUC 41) and used most of them up taking the party down in an open fight.

Kal-El (yes, supermans name) was a Katar-Vir (spelling? from Space Master) in Middle Earth. The six fingered immortal (these are similar if not the same to the Essence Lords in Shadow World) wanted to be a tourist and using the archmage class I had a ball. Middle Earth was not quite the same afterwards tho, to my regret. Over casting the force mage flight spell (level based speed) led to some pain when smacking into a wall of force and really it wasn't my fault when most of the ley lines on the planet moved around like hoses on a lawn after I wanted to find out how they "worked"
Gatekeeper to the Under-Dark: "Why are you seeking passage?"
Kal-El pauses in thought (briefly contemplating how to manage the Never Lie and Always Deceive curses on him), "I came to conquer all know-able universes".
Gatekeeper: You may pass.
Gatekeeper: Who are you?
Kal El: A tourist

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Re: Fave Characters
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:33:26 AM »
Sraas Thoguth

Often nicknamed Sraas Thoguth with the lithp.

He later became known as The Mountain That Fell in Love with the Tree and the Lake.

Sraas was a mountain of a man, being 8'2'' tall and weighing almost 550 pounds of pure muscle and gristle.  During an adventure, he fell in love with both a neireid (msp?) and hammadryad who lived in a lake and tree on an island in the middle of the lake.  He was faced with the dilemma of being raised that only one man and one woman loved and married.  However, the neireid and hammadryad also both fell in love with Sraas.  They later used their powers to not only make Sraas their mate, they also turned him into an even more powerful Guardian.  Thus, "The Mountain That Fell in Love with the Tree and the Lake."

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.