Author Topic: RMU and the others  (Read 1401 times)

Offline rustorod

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RMU and the others
« on: October 04, 2012, 12:57:50 AM »
When RMU is live does that make the others versions closed?  Will all future content strictly be for RMU?  I'm a RM2/RMC fan and long time player, just wondering if there would be any content that would be compatible?  I've downloaded the beta and will check out the final release product.  Sometimes change is a bit difficult to implement with my group ;)

Thanks.
Mike

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: RMU and the others
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:42:08 AM »
All future Rolemaster products will be designed for Rolemaster (RMU) but they will be usable with some degree of effort by RM2/C and RMSS/FRP GMs.

Piecemeal adoption is perhaps your best best. I suspect RM2/Classic players would happily take on the spell lists from RMU as an easy change - no gaps in lists, new high-level spells.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline rustorod

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »
Sounds good I have no aversion to doing some conversion:) 

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 06:29:19 PM »
I suspect RM2/Classic players would happily take on the spell lists from RMU as an easy change - no gaps in lists, new high-level spells.
Now that's pretty much a given!
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Mando

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Conversion HARP - Terre du Milieu
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06:50 PM »
Conversion of new products to older versions of RM or even to HARP could easily be handled by a small team of fans and published on the GCP site as a simple B&W pdf. No big deal, anyone here could do it, no?
.:| Fred, aka Mando |:.

Communauté francophone des joueurs de Jeux de Rôles ICE : Iceland