Author Topic: Random Question  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Random Question
« on: July 01, 2011, 04:55:31 PM »
What Shadow World secret would you MOST like to be revealed?
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Re: Random Question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 05:39:42 AM »
What secrets are there that are still to be revealed? (Just can't seem to remember any off the top of my head)
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »
The location of the Soul Sword, with adventure material for capturing.

I have ran two adventures to acquire it.  I placed it in an essence prison, something like the transporter buffer in Star Trek.  An Insane attune was required to tap into the essence flow and enter the prison.  The guards and essence traps inside were just to much for the parties.  FYI, one party killed, the other one death and they ran away without the sword.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 09:04:41 AM »
Second place (I could not help myself!):  City of the Dead.

;D
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 09:32:03 AM »
  I am surprised no one has said all of them. Maybe a secrets book? Of course once they are out they are out.  ;D
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:39:39 AM »
The location of the Soul Sword, with adventure material for capturing.

I have ran two adventures to acquire it.  I placed it in an essence prison, something like the transporter buffer in Star Trek.  An Insane attune was required to tap into the essence flow and enter the prison.  The guards and essence traps inside were just to much for the parties.  FYI, one party killed, the other one death and they ran away without the sword.

Oh I didn't tell where the Soul Sword was? I thought I did somewhere. The last place you would expect... It's going to get ugly.
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
Oh I didn't tell where the Soul Sword was? I thought I did somewhere. The last place you would expect... It's going to get ugly.
I knew it! Andraax forgot it was in his pocket.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Yes, you said where it was. I will hide it, but it is not secret i believe.
(click to show/hide)

Soul sword is too powerful to play games with, i suppose. Maybe City od Dead, or maybe some players can get interest things in the Guardian Mind.

I always wanted that some GM made a game to capture a Thalan, it will be a game sort of a thriller movie. If i remember correctly the dyari discovered a chamber with 13 seats that some people (probably K'ta'viir) used as a prison for Thalan. Discovering how to trap them will be a good quest for some of the "annexed" realms of the Alliance. We know a lot about the regular troops of the Alliance (Kal'cha and Jenaar), so fights, intrigue , tension and confusion is provided by these background. Also it could be nice game for a small group.

Everything about Voriig is also very cool.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »
I knew I had read about its location somewhere...and forgot.  Thanks.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 04:47:20 PM »

Do you want me to tell you, or do you want to wait for it to be revealed in Shadowstone (probably in about 20 years lol) It's right in front of some peoples' eyes
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 07:54:19 AM »
Do you want me to tell you, or do you want to wait for it to be revealed in Shadowstone (probably in about 20 years lol) It's right in front of some peoples' eyes
So, you are saying that Vince is wrong? Or did you not see is spoiler post? (I still say it would be funnier if it is in Andraax's robe pocket - right next to the chewed & saved bubble gum and extra paper clip.)
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »

Of course I want to know!  PM me if you prefer.

I have always enjoyed SW and found inspiration in the setting.  There has never been enough material so I have written my own, but I have always tried to maintain the excellent flavor you have created in SW.   There is very little about SW that is cookie cutter, and I thank you for that.

Though really, the world never did need elves.  At least you invented neat names for them rather than the bland "wood elf, high elf and bland elf!"  Uhh...any chance Namor Tol sinks?

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 11:50:11 AM »
As RandalThor said, have you seen the spoiler in my last post ?

I just hide it with the spoiler tag if someone didn't want to see it.

You have to click on the spoiler tag, in order to see what is hidden.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Mercenary30

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
Details on the current status and location of the crowns, swords, and pendants from Jaiman would be cool.  Who has been moving them and why.......  (seen some snippits)

Also  both Shadowstone and the Grand Campaign are listed as cannon, and yet someone different holds the Phoenix Pendant in each.......
'I think he just earned his money,' I whispered to the gaping Jad, 'and be so kind as to close your mouth.'  -  Kalen Avanir

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 03:46:23 PM »
Details on the current status and location of the crowns, swords, and pendants from Jaiman would be cool.  Who has been moving them and why.......  (seen some snippits)

Also  both Shadowstone and the Grand Campaign are listed as cannon, and yet someone different holds the Phoenix Pendant in each.......

This info is in Jaiman book. I don't see this book in the ICE store. Maybe we should write it here if it isn't avaliable. But not now, because there are 4 pages, with their powers, users, locations, etc... and i feel lazy tonight... i prefer to scan it, if mods here see it correct.

Nevermind, this is already known info, and we need new info.

About the Trevor/ Kalen , i feel logical that Kalen is the one with the Phoenix pendant. Trevor as a duranaki seems a little more logical to wear the Pegasus Pendant. In the Jaiman book (land of twilight) says that Pegasus pendant is held by the Speaker of the Jyaad of Tanara. I suggest that you change this. It doesn't seem too important in the Great campaign whatever pendant Trevor wears IMHO.

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Mercenary30

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »

This info is in Jaiman book. I don't see this book in the ICE store. Maybe we should write it here if it isn't avaliable. But not now, because there are 4 pages, with their powers, users, locations, etc... and i feel lazy tonight... i prefer to scan it, if mods here see it correct.

Nevermind, this is already known info, and we need new info.

The information in Jaiman is outdated, and I have seen snippits of info that show that someone is moving them to some secret vaults......
'I think he just earned his money,' I whispered to the gaping Jad, 'and be so kind as to close your mouth.'  -  Kalen Avanir

Offline Vince

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 09:55:15 AM »

The information in Jaiman is outdated, and I have seen snippits of info that show that someone is moving them to some secret vaults......

What snippits? I can only say that in the Great Campaign it says that Elor has the Wyvern Sword, and in Shadowstone Chronicles says about some woman is using the Unicorn Crown.

If you had more info, plese post it because i don't remember anything about moving them to any vaults.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:01:06 AM by Vince »

Order of the Iron Crown

(RM2+ Shadow World+ GM)

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 11:38:17 AM »
As RandalThor said, have you seen the spoiler in my last post ?

I just hide it with the spoiler tag if someone didn't want to see it.

You have to click on the spoiler tag, in order to see what is hidden.

Sorry it didn't load correctly for some reason the first time and I missed it. Yep you're correct!
Terry K. Amthor

-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Mercenary30

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »

What snippits? I can only say that in the Great Campaign it says that Elor has the Wyvern Sword, and in Shadowstone Chronicles says about some woman is using the Unicorn Crown.

If you had more info, plese post it because i don't remember anything about moving them to any vaults.

Actually, I found the information in the database that Vroomfogle has.

Offline vroomfogle

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »
Actually, I found the information in the database that Vroomfogle has.

Unfortunately, Nomikos library is no longer up.   I was having all sorts of technical issues and in the end just pulled the plug.    I have started thinking about a replacement for it at some point in the future, but this will probably be in the 8-12 month timeframe at least.