Author Topic: Navigator prices  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Navigator prices
« on: August 18, 2021, 07:17:56 PM »
Where can I find theese?
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline AshLands

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Navigator prices
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 12:17:00 AM »
There is a section 'Navigators and Players' in the Shadow World Master Atlas Second Edition (p. 179) stating 1 gp/mile over land and 1 gp/10 miles by sea for each 'unit'. Additionally, costs for jumps are given.

Offline SpaceViking

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 10:46:32 AM »
There is a section 'Navigators and Players' in the Shadow World Master Atlas Second Edition (p. 179) stating 1 gp/mile over land and 1 gp/10 miles by sea for each 'unit'. Additionally, costs for jumps are given.
Anyone know where to pick up a Second Edition of this book? I purchased the Fourth Edition but there is no Navigator pricing in that one....

SV

Offline MisterK

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 11:34:28 PM »
Be aware that those prices were defined when RM worked under a gold economy hypothesis. Using a silver economy hypothesis, like RMU, would likely changed the prices.

I used those prices with a huge grain of salt. Basically, Navigator prices are out of reach of the common man, and that's that. If PCs use their services, they must be outrageously rich or have earned a significant favour from either the navigators themselves or someone who *is* rich.

Offline chook

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 09:31:04 PM »
Be aware that those prices were defined when RM worked under a gold economy hypothesis. Using a silver economy hypothesis, like RMU, would likely changed the prices.

I used those prices with a huge grain of salt. Basically, Navigator prices are out of reach of the common man, and that's that. If PCs use their services, they must be outrageously rich or have earned a significant favour from either the navigators themselves or someone who *is* rich.
None of the SW content has been updated for RMU yet so the prices will still be valid.

I also think that Navigators are supposed to be very expensive and not for mere mortals to afford.  It does provide a good obstacle for GM's as well to stop players just arriving given that it is the Navigator's responsibility to ensure the party arrives safely.