Author Topic: d20 Master Atlas  (Read 2248 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
d20 Master Atlas
« on: March 22, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that a d20 Master Atlas was in the works. I also think I remember reading that it was on indefinite hiatus.

Are there any plans to continue with it? Either as d20, or Pathfinder, or both, for example? The system is still one of the most popular, but I heard that players weren't as happy as they could be with the 4th Edition, so there is still a market for d20.

It could bring more people into Shadow World, and then possibly bring them to Rolemaster.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
Re: d20 Master Atlas
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »
That is kind of a 'cursed project,' though I am not sure if it is officially alive or dead. The text is basically done, but it fell down in formatting... a few times. I had a hand in it, and unfortunately I don't know d20, so I had a terrible time formatting the system-related material. Nicholas might be able to give a better informed/more authoritative comment...  :-[
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 08:15:53 PM »
That is kind of a 'cursed project,' though I am not sure if it is officially alive or dead. The text is basically done, but it fell down in formatting... a few times. I had a hand in it, and unfortunately I don't know d20, so I had a terrible time formatting the system-related material. Nicholas might be able to give a better informed/more authoritative comment...  :-[

An aside, I know a really good D20/Pathfinder editor. If ICE plans to resurrect this project, I can pass along her contact info.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Bishop Odo

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »
I'd love a D20 Shadow World...since I have done my own conversion.

Offline Terry K. Amthor

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Great Book
    • Eidolon Studio
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 01:15:47 PM »
Please contact Dr Caldwell directly about this, as I am not even sure what the status is these days.
Terry K. Amthor
Shadow World Author, Rolemaster & SpaceMaster Co-Designer, ICE co-founder.
Eidolon Studio Art Director

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
-- Clarke's First Law.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• GCP
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
The status is that it is a cursed project that drives anyone sent to format it crazy. It is essentially a dead project. We're focusing our Shadow World efforts with the Rolemaster and HARP systems.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 02:39:04 PM »
The status is that it is a cursed project that drives anyone sent to format it crazy. It is essentially a dead project. We're focusing our Shadow World efforts with the Rolemaster and HARP systems.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

If you do decide to resurrect it, I know some folk on the D20/Pathfinder side of the world (who do conversions and editing) who might be interested in giving it a shot.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline xenus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 07:31:26 PM »
I'd love a D20 Shadow World...since I have done my own conversion.
I also put some work into this.  Some of the later PF rule books also help.  It might be useful to provide a set of guidelines such that a full set of RM rules are not required for anyone wanting to use a SW book.