Author Topic: Director's Briefing - 2nd July 2013  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Cory Magel

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • Fun > Balance > Realism
Re: Director's Briefing - 2nd July 2013
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »
...us, the authors (two single fairly carefree guys with no outside life making demands on our time...
Heh, I should clarify, that was 1998.  These days I do have a wife, four dogs, a house with 3/4 an acre (lots of yard work - large lawn and about 18 100' tall maples, fall is hell), and a job that is effectively 'on call' (my schedule is my own, but I'm regularly working remotely on nights/weekends).  I haven't online gamed since i've owned a home for example.  As a result of having far less free time, sitting down to work on writing RPG stuff feels far more like work than it used to, which doesn't appeal to me a lot of the time.  If I had more free time I might have volunteered to help more with RMU than I did... but I know I can't be relied upon to do it in a timely manner these days.  I'm having trouble getting myself to work on my own campaign.
- Cory Magel

Game design priority: Fun > Balance > Realism (greater than > less than).
(Channeling Companion, RMQ 1 & 2, and various Guild Companion articles author).

"The only thing I know about adults is that they are obsolete children." - Dr Seuss

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Director's Briefing - 2nd July 2013
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 02:03:53 AM »
For those interested, an almost complete set of projects in progress and their status is provided in the September Briefing. There's a few other projects in Precontract or on the ideas list, but the September list covers the vast majority.

best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme