Forum > Fan Created Worlds

Eberron conversion for both HARP & RM2???

<< < (2/7) > >>

EltonJ:

--- Quote from: Hurin on April 22, 2021, 10:30:48 AM ---This is a very cool project. I can write a little post about it on our RolemasterBlog if you want a little more publicity; it might entice more contributions.

I have thought about how to convert Warforged to Rolemaster, because I think the race is very cool (and loved playing one in Dungeons&DragonsOnline). The stats are easy enough to convert, but the healing is hard to figure out. In 3.5, iirc, they only got half the effect of healing spells, since they were essentially living constructs. But they could also be healed fully by repair spells. I've been trying to figure out a way to implement this in RMU. I actually looked through the Rolemaster Spell Law (RMU) but didn't really see anything that worked quite like a repair spell; the Lay Healer's Repair on his Prosthetics list was about the closest I could find, but that's level 16. There is also Mend Mechanism, Adept Base, in Treasure Law, though it would have to be adapted somewhat.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, go ahead show it up on the RolemasterBlog.

Warforged Healing -- I'll tackle that when it comes up. Warforged can be repaired by Artificer infusions (some of which have to be converted directly).  And also the repair construct spells -- I think.  I know Artificers get those as part of their infusions.  But the class in 3.x is so unbalanced that some GMs have to disallow it.  I figured that the various Alchemist professions will have to be considered for Artificers.

Hurin:
Yes, though the Dabbler (in RMU at least) has a list specifically called 'Mechanisms' that could be adapted for Warforged. Spells such as Tune and Phantom Tools look right up the Warforged's alley. Tune might also be adjusted to actually heal.

EltonJ:

--- Quote from: Hurin on April 22, 2021, 01:00:31 PM ---Yes, though the Dabbler (in RMU at least) has a list specifically called 'Mechanisms' that could be adapted for Warforged. Spells such as Tune and Phantom Tools look right up the Warforged's alley. Tune might also be adjusted to actually heal.

--- End quote ---

RMFRP has Mechanisms for the Dabbler as well.

EltonJ:
What about a closed Essence list for repairing Warforged?

Hurin:

--- Quote from: EltonJ on April 24, 2021, 01:42:06 PM ---What about a closed Essence list for repairing Warforged?

--- End quote ---

Yes, that would be ideal, but I don't see anything that would work in the core rules. There would have to be a specific new spell -- though again, Eberron introduced one for DnD too (the Repair spells).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version