Forum > ICE News and Discussion

Director's Briefing - 4th July 2012

<< < (2/14) > >>

markc:

--- Quote from: Byth on July 05, 2012, 04:34:43 AM ---I have a question about Qu 8

If Harp Fantasy and Harp Scifi aren't in competiton with a unified Rolemaster and upcoming unified Spacemaster I would really appreciate a more clearer explanation of what the differences are, is one line more complex, what ?

I would assume that if someone has come up with this idea of unifiying these old versions at the risk of distracting away from what the Harp lines could have been seen as,  a more playable and easier unifying version of what has come before of Rolemaster and Spacemaster, why do this and add yet another version of Rolemaster and Spacemaster.....it seems perplexing.

And just to clarify I'm not a diehard fan of Harp but felt this latest turn of events strange to me ???

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the ICE forums. And great questions.
MDC

windmarkbob:
I effin' love the concept of a "unified Rolemaster."  Will the rules for this new, upgraded system come with *simple* instructions for converting the older RMC and RMFRP characters for use in the new system?

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: windmarkbob on July 05, 2012, 02:32:03 PM ---I effin' love the concept of a "unified Rolemaster."  Will the rules for this new, upgraded system come with *simple* instructions for converting the older RMC and RMFRP characters for use in the new system?

--- End quote ---

Thank you for reminding me. We will need to do that.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

NicholasHMCaldwell:

--- Quote from: TAK on July 04, 2012, 05:22:59 PM ---Thanks for the info, that answered a lot of my questions.

I did come up with one new one; the old SW books that will be stated for RMU, will the stats be free or will you have to buy the PDFs to get them?

Mainly asking because I own a lot of the print versions and while I like supporting my favorite company, it feels like a waste to buy the PDFs.

Even if the stats would be available as a cheap pack of some kind would be better.

--- End quote ---

This may well depend on how quickly experts/writers in the new rules can be "trained up" and set to work on converting existing stat blocks. We need to get the new Rolemaster rules completed, then the Shadow World specific rules written, then get folk doing the conversion work.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

arcadayn:
Thanks for the update, Nicholas.  It answered all of my questions and has me super stoked for August!  I'm going to have to start recruiting a play test group on G+.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version