Author Topic: Director's Briefing - October 2022  (Read 1781 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - October 2022
« on: October 18, 2022, 05:11:40 PM »
Welcome
To the one hundred-and-thirty-fifth Briefing and tenth scheduled Briefing of 2022.

Dragonmeet
As I write, it is just over a month to Dragonmeet (3rd December) this year. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the wave of postal strikes in the UK won’t interfere with the shipments of Garden of Rain, Bestiary and Beyond the Veil for sale at Dragonmeet. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that 3rd December won’t be targeted for one of our national rail strikes, although getting from Cambridge to London has been just about possible on the previous strike days.

Shadow World
I have had a few queries regarding Shadow World. I will be turning my attention back to Shadow World and indeed everything else once we have RMU Core Law and RMU Spell Law safely published.

HARP
I indicated last month that Rodd Kleinschmidt, the author of HARP Subterfuge, is determined that the print version be absolutely perfect and was compiling a list of errata. These have now arrived, and I will be working through these shortly. We will endeavour to get the fixes made to the pdf but I think the chances of getting a print master made, approved through Lightning Source, a proof copy back to me and then a chunky order printed and posted in time for Dragonmeet are exceedingly low.

Rolemaster and RMU
Max has made multiple improvements to the ERA software and there are updates to every ERA dataset as a result. Registered customers should have seen the update emails coming through via OneBookShelf as the updated files have been uploaded and are now available. For customers, who have not signed up for the emails, just check the ERA main software package and compare datestamp with your existing files. Please download the new files at your convenience.

I have completed my pass through RMU Core Law and we are down to the final tweaks being implemented. Release of RMU Core Law as a pdf is imminent. Can we get a print shipment to Dragonmeet? Too close to call. I will send a print master through to Lightning Source at the same time as we release Core Law in pdf with the goal of having an inspection copy available at our Dragonmeet stand.

I am now moving into “Columbo” mode on RMU Spell Law, and there is a first draft layout of RMU Treasure Law available for my scrutiny in the queue immediately after RMU Spell Law.

Until next time
Please stay safe.
Best wishes,
Nicholas
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline philhall1969

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - October 2022
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 11:51:59 AM »

Rolemaster and RMU

Release of RMU Core Law as a pdf is imminent.

OH, YES!  ;D

Offline Erondor78

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 09:46:31 AM »

Shadow World
I have had a few queries regarding Shadow World. I will be turning my attention back to Shadow World and indeed everything else once we have RMU Core Law and RMU Spell Law safely published.

Wohoo! Yes!

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 04:45:53 PM »
Release of RMU Core Law as a pdf is imminent. Can we get a print shipment to Dragonmeet? Too close to call.

This a great way to make us spend the next month wondering if the initial proof copy from Lightning Source has the same print-on-demand time as regular copies afterward...great news that the long wait will soon be over.
/Pa Staav

Offline pantsorama

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 11:31:16 AM »
Yes!

Offline Finlos001

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 02:43:28 PM »
Release of RMU Core Law as a pdf is imminent.
Eagerly awaiting the announcement so I can finally buy the new version!

Offline Eryius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 02:58:13 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the announcement so I can finally buy the new version!

Welcome to the club! *points to the back of the queue* ;)

Offline laurendi

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2022, 01:23:04 AM »
Nicholas, do you have any fresh news to share about the Core Law availability? Many thanks!

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 12:48:50 PM »
And I have a date in mind for releasing Core Law.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Eryius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2022, 12:58:53 PM »
But will you share that date with us before it is that date? :D