Author Topic: Locating "Lost" Authors to Bring Back "Lost" Books  (Read 32062 times)

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Locating "Lost" Authors to Bring Back "Lost" Books
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2024, 06:06:42 AM »
Checked back in after a long time away.  Mike Carlyle is definitely worth finding.  I'd digitize the Elemental Companion and Companion II (gratis) for ICE's republishing if the rights could be sorted out.

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2024, 12:09:48 PM »
For what it's worth, I've just been in contact with Art Ridley. He said he hadn't been in touch with Mike Carlyle in "more than a few years," and doesn't know how to contact him directly, but he'd put out some feelers to see if he gets a response. I'll post back here if I hear anything else.

Great thank you! Look forward to hearing!
**Interested in some Rolemaster Actual Play Sessions to watch - check out https://www.youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes ***

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2024, 12:10:38 PM »
Checked back in after a long time away.  Mike Carlyle is definitely worth finding.  I'd digitize the Elemental Companion and Companion II (gratis) for ICE's republishing if the rights could be sorted out.

That is very kind of you Boromir! Thanks :)
**Interested in some Rolemaster Actual Play Sessions to watch - check out https://www.youtube.com/@ofhorrorsandheroes ***

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2024, 12:19:42 PM »
Well...  I don't know how the copyright system works...  But if finding Mike Carlyle means that Companion II right can be granted/fixed, that is all that matters...   And if so, I don't understand why people aren't more keen on working together to try and find the guy?

I personally would love to get it cleared up, so there would be a chance that the Companion II could be used in Fantasy Grounds rules. :-)

Hi Lars - sounds like you are as keen as I am to get some movement on this ussue & are keen to help. My concern is a lot of work appears to have gone into chasing either Mike or others for the other RM work down and there is no point in newbies to the task asking the same people the same questions they were asked 10 or so years ago.

Marc R was one of the original people in this discussion. Marc or anyone else can you point in us in the right direction to assist further please to ensure we are not going over old ground/leads that have already been checked?

Thanks

Offline Nolen

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2024, 01:40:06 PM »
Just posting to confirm that I am the Dan Crosby from Arms Companion (author, not an artist). I *might* be able to track down Chris Dumit as well, if needed.

Offline EltonJ

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2024, 07:12:53 PM »
Just posting to confirm that I am the Dan Crosby from Arms Companion (author, not an artist). I *might* be able to track down Chris Dumit as well, if needed.

Thanks for showing up here.  :)

Offline Boromir

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2024, 07:56:38 PM »
@Nolen  To enable potential re-publication, please make sure you contact colin-ice@hotmail.co.uk

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2024, 02:15:54 PM »
Can I ask a theoretical question.
If i scanned all RM2 products and made a new pdf of them with new text etc. But the same content...
Who would sue me? :D
Since all the owners are spread over the world, guess the meaning of this thread!
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2024, 10:06:45 PM »
I'm sure there's also ICE material in there, so ICE would have standing to sue you, even if they don't have sufficient rights to publish it currently. I can't say whether it would be worth their while to do so, but for someone who I assume from your presence here that you have an interest in being part of the community, I think the lawsuit potential is not really the most important part of the equation.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2024, 01:17:28 PM »
I really want RM2 to be "reprinted" it good PDFs to be sold on whatever site.
I sadly just dont see it happening if there is no end date to the rights of the authors!

My solution would be to update it all like the RoCo I and then give whoever come claiming a part they money of the sale.
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)

Offline C.Tozer

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Of Horrors & Heroes
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2024, 09:31:39 PM »
I really want RM2 to be "reprinted" it good PDFs to be sold on whatever site.
I sadly just dont see it happening if there is no end date to the rights of the authors!

My solution would be to update it all like the RoCo I and then give whoever come claiming a part they money of the sale.

Hear, hear! I would love to see that too! Could this be a workable solution?