Author Topic: Weapon damage to armor  (Read 2632 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Weapon damage to armor
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:55:41 PM »
 I was wondering if anyone had some weapon damaging armor house rules instead of just the standard destroy armor results?
 For example: A crit says something like If foe has shield it is destroyed. Or if weapon scores an E crit it has a 25% chance to destroy part of the armor or shield if used.

I was thinking about having it based on a D100 OE roll and winging it. If the armor is damaged I was going to provide a penalty to DB = to -1 to -100 if they roll something ridicules like 500 on the OE roll.
 The reason was I wanted to try and destroy sections of armor instead of whole armor sets.

The other thing is how would use the above with natural armor types? I was thinking of just applying a critical of generic quality. Such as deep bruise -10 for 3 days.

Thanks
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
Re: Weapon damage to armor
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 04:32:51 AM »
In the back of Character Law, theres an option rule on damage to armour.

It has rules on how many 'hits' certain armours can take (based on materials, bonuses and prices), how many hits are taken off the total based on the amount of hits and crit severity a PC takes and also, how much it costs to fix the armour (with different modifiers for the percentage damage it's taken). There comes a point where you can only fix so much until you need to take it to a professional for servicing. :)

I use an excel spreadsheet for the character sheets and I added a page in there to work out the above per character and they just tick the boxes as the armour's taken more and more damage and then rubs them out if they've successfully used their leather/metal crafts roll (or taken it to the pros for a cost factor that's also in the optional armour rules).

Definitely a book to purchase for optional rules on magic at the back too as well as loads of Talents, Flaws, Status, Wealth, Items, new TPs and new Races!
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 04:36:56 AM »
I also use the Combat Companion's Armour by the Piece rules which has multiple armour sections. I've factored in the costs and bonuses to those armours pieces as a whole as far as the armour damage goes but haven't gone the extra mile and broken it all down for the different pieces (which is certainly possible though I've saved that upkeep from the PCs ...for now) :P

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:39:07 AM »
...and I didn't realise it was you Mark C that asked the original question otherwise I'd have realised that you'd already know all about the optional armour rules in the Character Law.  :-[

Sorry about that.  ::)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »
 I use mainly RMSS and not RMC or RMFRP. RMSS has the core book, spell law and creature book. So most likely it has been only in answering questions that I have seen the rules in Ch Law. I will have to go back and take a look at it, that is if I have the book or not.
 I also remember some rules just like it in the RM2 Arms Comp but I thought they were a little to busy with note taking. I am my players have enough to keep track of with out doing hits for armor also. But an Excel program to track it is a great idea. I am going to have to take some time and brush up on my Excel skills as I use a different  home brew com bat system.

Thanks
MDC

I also ask as it has come up again as I run an into adventure and a PC takes one of the biggest heaviest weapons in the Weapons of Novi [article from the guild companion.] that I allow.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.