Author Topic: The Jachra Question Topic  (Read 6159 times)

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: The Jachra Question Topic
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 03:54:04 AM »
No problem, you're just asking about rules I probably wrote eleven or twelve years ago.  :)  I'll have to research just as much as you guys would, I'll just remember what I actually meant when I'm done.  :)  Tuesday is my first day in a week where I have 3-4 hours in a row that aren't booked solid.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Jachra

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 05:20:24 AM »
For that and no charge, you could take all year and make me dance a jig.  I'm duly impressed by your professionalism and dedication to realism.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2008, 10:26:37 PM »
A) Correct.
B) Equipment Manual, Page 30.
C) Yes.
D) Someone already answered that.
E) It means they are deified.  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/deify
F) I THINK they answered your question, but I never really figured out what you were asking here, so if they haven't, take another shot at clarifying it for us.
H) Double a penalty?  Did I write that?  I like it, even if I didn't.

I) I'm pretty sure they answered this fully.  Ask questions if you still have them.
J) I'd say yes to db, but normally no for RR.  Of course there might be an instance where a person's ability to move would effect their RR, and if you run into one of those (I can't think of one) then the penalty would apply there too.
K) I'd probably let it.
L) I'd say yes.
M) Round to the nearest.
N) First of all, I thought it went without saying but it seems I'm wrong.  :)  Second, if you're letting people have weapons with infinite ammo, don't use that optional rule.

Did I cover everything?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 12:16:48 AM »
 Thanks

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Jachra

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »
Pretty much, yeah, thanks.
Though, please, I know what Deified means, I was just wondering if it had any in-game applications because it was noted on a Special Abilities list.

Though the N) still stands.  If we're going to use it for weapons with limited ammo, we might as well use it for ones with microgenerators and the like.  As if those Tech 27+ dogs didn't have enough advantages going for them.
And Sonic Stunners and a few nigh-infinite ammo weapons are Privateers standard already, like the aforementioned sonic stunner.

At least, that's what our gaming group wants.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »
I think you misunderstood me.  It's an optional rule.  Don't use it if you allow weapons that would allow people to abuse it.

Offline Jachra

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2008, 04:10:14 PM »
No, I understood you fine.  You're speaking from a balance perspective.  I'm asking from an In-Game perspective.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2008, 03:00:54 AM »
If that didn't answer your question, then I misunderstood you.  :)  Please explain how that didn't answer it so I can take another shot.  :)

Offline Jachra

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2008, 04:13:52 PM »
Yeah, that probably would have helped me. ^_^

In short, we don't mind someone with a microgenerator or a sonic stunner using that optional rule.  We figure that someone who CAN put up a lot of ammo is probably going to have a higher OB on suppressive fire, because there appears to be no reasonable 'in-game' reason why it shouldn't.  Now, since microgenerators are hilariously expensive at the Privateers stage and +45 OB (for a maximum Continuous result) is a drop in the bucket compared to the OBs that usually get thrown around with Talents involved, and because we like touches of realism, we'd really rather know... what's the reasonable maximum for number of shots fired in a 1-round period with a weapon with nigh-unlimited ammunition?

Should we just assume that any roll that isn't an UM 66 is going to be a maximum result?  Assume an arbitrary maximum of X amount? (Which is probably going to be what's going to happen if I can't get an answer here.)

Lastly, what occurs on a fumble with Suppressive fire shots?  Does it interrupt subsequent attacks?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »
 I would say yes as in my game a fumble is a result of a weapon malfunction, now a large negative might or might not affect the other attacks.

Just for playability you might want to provide some options where a weapon would get a very high bonus for SF or AF. Such as a weapon like the M2 heavy machine gun that many counties uses nowadays, or a support weapon in the future.

One thing I do nto think I said here is that I tend to like complex rules to simmulate reality in my game. So in th past I have used Traveller 3 Fire Fusion and Steel to creat weapons that I then use the SM or RMSS AL:FA charts for. In that system you define the breach which allows for determining if a weapon can sustain a heavy volume of fire. If you wanted to simmulate that for energy weapon you might need a heavy barrel, superior cooling units ot more cooling units, fast discharg power unit, maybe better optics and maybe a better tripod or support system.
 That is another thing just because it has a micro-generator it does not mean it can generate the power for more shots than it is designed for. It just means that during this time peroid [ in SM 10 seconds] it has enough potential to generate power for X shots. So you might have a lot of varous micro-gnerators that provide a range of power output eventhough they are the same size. So military fast discharge micro-genertor might power a heavy blaster where it mite take 3 civilian units to do the same job.

Also from your statment above you seam to want to play with the stuff as is which can be very fun. But I might also run a test game just to see how the rules workout such as a capture the flag type game before your group creates there PC's. Just to understand what numbers they would like to have in what areas. I would probably give each player 3 PC's to use in the test game so if 1 dies it is not a big deal and they can lean from it. Also you might have an easy game, a medium game and a hrad captur the flag game planed out so the players can see what it is like to go up against harder foes.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.