Author Topic: A quick question  (Read 2459 times)

Offline John Duffield

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Life often teaches what we don't want to learn
    • Ennyn
A quick question
« on: June 11, 2008, 07:15:15 PM »
Hi,

I have been running/developing a world for HARP over the past few years and members of my group feel I should try and publish it as an electronic book - I have started writing it up and have a 45,000 word long world guide now with maps etc.  I also have about 20,000 words written up on one of the major empires within the world with a lot of more notes, scribbles and ideas to go :)

That may or may not be a good idea :) but I was wondering what are the copyright requirements here for ICE?  I have read the section that has the copyright notifications but I was looking for some more clarity.

I assume that I cannot reproduce any information from the books but that I am able to reference it.  Can I also publish variations to it?

Does ICE have a policy on this that I can access?

Thanks
My website : Ennyn

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: A quick question
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:21 PM »
That policy that you are referring to is meant specifically for web pages that contain only small or relatively small amounts of material. It is not, nor ever was intended for allowing publications of material (in the sense of what you seem to be talking about -- full sized products).

This is a very delicate circumstance as I cannot give you any sort of specific answers with the few details you have provided so far. And a public forum is most definitely not the place to be discussing such, nor am I the person with whom you should be discussing it.

You should definitely talk with Bruce regarding this.

Offline John Duffield

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Life often teaches what we don't want to learn
    • Ennyn
Re: A quick question
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 09:33:22 PM »
Thanks Rasyr - I will contact Bruce.
My website : Ennyn