Author Topic: A DB question...  (Read 3000 times)

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
A DB question...
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:00:03 AM »
Hi to All Folks there from cloudy and wet Paris's suburban :-\
The DB from armours count versus all attacks...right but, I think that isn't logical versus Grapple attacks and martial art sweeps.
What do You think about this? What are Your points of view.
Tank IOU for all answers ;)
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: A DB question...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 04:10:33 AM »
In RM armours offer poor protection versus grapple and sweeps...maybe in HARP we must remove the DB from armours versus these attack types?
Troll humour:
"What would You say to a Dwarf with 12 helmets on? Nothin', you just hit him in the stomach instead! Ugh,Ugh"
"Why did the Dwarf cross the road? Because I said if he didn't I'd cut off his feet and stick them up his nose!Ugh,Ugh"
From Titan the Fighting&

Offline Ecthelion

• ICE Forum Moderator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Character Gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 05:15:51 AM »
Have you taken a look at HARPer's Bazaar 11? It introduces a new combat system for HARP. With this system armor protects very little against grapple and unbalancing attacks. An armored combatant does take a little less concussion hits from such attacks, but critical damage with stuns, broken ribs etc. is usually inflicted even easier than against unarmored opponents.

Offline black flag

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »
You're right...HB 11 (good work) is like Rm Express/MERP for combat.
But I use H'N'S because I love deadly combat systems!
Troll humour:
From Titan the Fighting&