Author Topic: About new releases  (Read 4189 times)

Offline stalvan

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
About new releases
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:52:06 PM »
Would be new releases for this game, like new suplements or settings?.

I know that the dev team is bussy with rmc and harp sci-fi, but would nice some new suplements for these line.

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
Re: About new releases
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 10:56:06 PM »
Well, HARP Battlemaster has just been released, and you should check the monthly newsletter:

http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=4899.0

Some new supplemente for HARP (or, at least, HARP battlemaster) seems to be planned  :)
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 11:16:24 AM »
Some new supplemente for HARP (or, at least, HARP battlemaster) seems to be planned  :)

Now you are making many people curious.  :ducky: What things are in the making? :confused:
www.clubbulls.com

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 12:01:26 PM »
Well, HARP Sci-Fi is due soon, Cyradon needs attention, non-HARP ICE products need attention, and who knows what Tim's imagination is summoning... :working:
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline GoblynByte

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 02:03:36 PM »
I wonder.  How many people does ICE currently have "on staff" writing new materials for all their various lines?  How does that compare to other companies who churn out materials faster...or slower for that matter?  I know there may be a lot of non-"staff" folks writing for ICE, but from a practical sense, how many people are plugging away at these works?

I ask because sometimes it seems that there is a subconcious impression that there's an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters at ICE just pounding away able to produce several thousand pages a day and that, if one line is neglected for a time, it is simply because those monkies went off to play cricket.

I'm certainly not trying to criticize that perception.  I'm guilty of it at times as well.  At times I lose perspective and forget that there are only so many hours in the day and so many people at ICE to get their wonderful work finished.  Knowing the realities might go a long way toward striking that perspective home.  ;D
A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
--Stephen Crain

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
    • The Aecyr Grene Campaign Setting
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 02:09:47 PM »
The only person directly employed by ICE to write stuff is Tim.

The two "big names" writing for ICE on a contract basis at the moment are Nick (from the Guildcompanion), Terry (Shadow World) and Robert Defendi (Space Master; Echoes of Heaven)

You also have the RMC team ...

Umm - I don't know who is working on the Silent Death stuff ... so I might have missed someone there ... That one's Bruce's baby.

Oh, and if I did miss anyone currently woring for ICE, apologies (and you can post your name/forum tag here).

So - very few !

Offline vroomfogle

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 02:11:46 PM »
The two "big names" writing for ICE on a contract basis at the moment are Nick (from the Guildcompanion), Terry (Shadow World) and Robert Defendi (Space Master; Echoes of Heaven)

That's three names.....Cormac are you suggesting that two of these authors are actually the same person!!??      Hmmm.....

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 02:14:54 PM »
Tim & the RMC team (mainly Tim) are working on Combat Companion
The RMC team are working on The Gift Companion and Campaign Law
RMC Creatures & Treasures is in final editing/layout mode (Tim & Sherry)

Nick is working on HARP SF and then Something Wicked

I could go on, but I think you get the picture now ... "extra" stuff like RMX or the RMX additions are produced, or the HARPer's Bazaar, etc - these are created in the spare time between projects.

Finally - remember that everyone on the list above (except for Tim) have full-time non-rpg jobs ...

Offline Cormac Doyle

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • RMC Team
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 02:15:18 PM »

That's three names.....Cormac are you suggesting that two of these authors are actually the same person!!??      Hmmm.....

I'm too busy to count :)

Offline Arioch

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Blood & Souls for Arioch!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 08:50:09 PM »

Now you are making many people curious.  :ducky: What things are in the making? :confused:

Well, according to the newsletter of this month (see the link I posted):

HARP Battlemaster: Adventures I

The first PDF of HARP Battlemaster adventures is in development. Alan Maher has created a fantastic HARP starter product. The PDF will include:

* 6 pre-generated characters with interesting, three-dimensional backgrounds.
    * A section on character creation, including an example of leveling up.
    * 4 linked and complete ready to run adventures with color maps.

The adventures are designed to bring a fledgling group together and unite them into an adventuring party.

Happy?  ;)
I suppose a magician might, he admitted, but a gentleman never could.

drsmitty

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 09:35:23 PM »
The only person directly employed by ICE to write stuff is Tim.

Now that sounds like it could be a pretty cool job!  Where do I apply?  :)

Although the pressure to deliver for all you rabid fans might take some of the joy out of it.... ;)