Author Topic: Felric question(s)  (Read 4717 times)

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Felric question(s)
« on: January 05, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »
(HARP version)

Sir MacFlin is listed as a paladin and has his spells listed as 'paladin sphere'.  He seems to have been built using the paladin class out of the Bazaar as opposed to a combat focused cleric.  I have the Bazaar but was just wondering if there should be a note or something saying he was built using 'non-canonical rules' in case people w/o the Bazaar wonder where the spells courage and holy weapon came from.

Almost done with it and will work on a review (hopefully) this weekend.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
Re: Felric question(s)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 09:20:07 AM »
That's a great note.  Thank you.  I think it's mentioned somewhere in the main book but even so it bears repeating.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:20:46 AM »
I could use the review, too.  They are coming in slow this time.  I blame the government.  :)

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
Other HARP Books
These are primarily optional rules, such as in the Bazaars. The Paladin is necessary for The Echoes of Heaven, at least for the backdrop of the setting (as opposed to use at your actual table). All others are optional rules.

From the base book p.201.

I haven't looked closely enough at the other character to see if some skills creeped in or not.  I thought the unknown spells might cause some confusion.  Perhaps just offer some base book spell substitutions?

For reviews - I blame the holidays.  Or to be more precice familiar visits over the holidays.

I forgot to ask - why did you chose to use Undead Lore (rather than healing) for essentially diagnostic checks?  Finding out the throat was slit post mortem for example.  To me it seemed a little odd.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 02:29:21 PM by mocking bird »
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.    Buddha

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 04:10:41 AM »
Undead Lore:  It came up as an option during the play test.  In my original draft, you couldn't determine the information at all.  The problem is they have no real forensic science, so no basis of scientific fact for determining things like whether a wound is post mortem.  A person can be observant, but unless they have practical knowledge of how a dead body takes wounds differently than a live body, that doesn't really help.  Someone with a good Undead Lore probably has put some thought into that, or has practical experience with wounding dead bodies.

Offline mocking bird

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 12:52:57 PM »
Undead lore just seemed a little odd since many undead don't have traditional corporeal forms - vampires and wraiths for example.  For our group undead lore means you can tell undead apart and might know their weaknesses/strengths.  Kind of like the difference between a botanist and a biologist.  I was also thinkin healing would be a more common skill, unless the party started out with the Heaven Teaser from Throne of God where fighting undead was perhaps much more common.

Along the lines of incorporating the paladin class above, in both adventures in under the demon description it mentions demons having the same abilities in MaFG followed by a list of new powers.  For the most part these are the same.  A major difference is that the Echoes books don't mention the soul burn power that is listed in MaFG.  This could make a big difference in the lethality of demonic combats.