Author Topic: Director's Briefing - May 2023  (Read 989 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Director's Briefing - May 2023
« on: May 16, 2023, 02:47:48 PM »
Welcome

To the one hundred-and-forty-second Briefing and fifth scheduled Briefing of 2023.

UK Games Expo

The incomparable Mr Phil Masters will be at UK Games Expo in June, and he will be running a demo scenario based on HARP Steampunk, which he has written for us. If you chance to be at UK Games Expo, this is an early opportunity to try this future product.

RMU

I did use the DriveThru mechanism to send out discount coupons for Core Law print copies. If you managed to miss the two emails from DriveThru, you can still get in touch with Colin and ask him very very nicely for the codes. We will be doing the same thing for Spell Law, so please adjust your communications preferences to receive publisher emails from us if you have not already done so.

Speaking of Spell Law, I noted last month that our target is to have Spell Law in print for release at Gen Con 2023. For this to happen, I need to send a large print order to Aaron in early July (to avoid spending vast sums on postage) and so that he can check nothing has gone wrong with the books. To send a large print order, I need to be sure that we have checked that the proof copies are sound, which means we need to get those proofs in mid June and ideally earlier in case they are not sound. As the DriveThru and Lightning Source process to approve proofs is variable in length, we will need to send proof masters to DriveThru by the end of this month. Which is an explanation for why Jonathan and Nick need any remaining error catches on Spell Law right now so that changes can be made to the master copies.

HARP

The layout corrections for HARP Subterfuge have been implemented. The pdf has been updated, so if you have bought the pdf, please download at your convenience. Again, if you did not get the email from DriveThru about that, please update your communication preferences with DriveThru. The print masters, after some to’ing and fro’ing, made it through the DriveThru validation process, and have made it through the Lighting Source process. The proof copies have arrived with me today so I will do the necessary page by page check to see that everything is as it should be, and then it will go on sale in softcover, hardcover and as a bundle.

For those who are early adopters of HARP Subterfuge, I am going to send out discount coupons for the print copies so that you are not disadvantaged by being fantastic fans. You know the drill – make sure your DriveThru communications preferences are set to receive emails from ICE. Or ask Colin very very nicely. 

Until next time

I am quietly enjoying some HARP editing work, so I hope to have news on that front to share next month.

Please stay safe and keep gaming.
Best wishes,
Nicholas

Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Eryius

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Director's Briefing - May 2023
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 06:10:02 AM »
That sounds really good. I'm really looking forward to also getting a hardcover copy of Spell Law! :D