Author Topic: A series of humble question  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Yapadekoi

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
A series of humble question
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:27:10 AM »
I've waited some time to compile some a series of question we face in our game.
I hope some rules expert will take a bit of their time to answer our humble interrogation.

1/Considering extra casting time (harp p115),
When the pp are used ? at the end of the casting ?
Is it possible to prepare a spell for a long time and in the end not releasing the spell at all ? Or wait more than 6 round ?
(For example a mage prepare a bolt for when an opponent will pass the corner of a tunnel, can he wait 10 or 20 round ? Or wait 10 round and in the end cancelling the spell without paying any pp ?)

2/ Is it possible to use the shield parry action (ML p27) while stunned ? ( we assumed yes)

3/Is it possible to use a combat style and dirtyfighting or disarm in the same round ? (we assumed yes)

4/ What happen to all the undead a necromancer woke up when he dies ? (undead created with create undead spell and controlled with undead mastery of course)

5/ When using trickery or duping in the false disengage action are you using the full skill or half of it ?

6/If Two mage are face to face and want to kill each other with bolt, what happen if they wish to encounter altogether their bolt ?
(like an energybeam duel )

And two question for fun:

Will Ika make a new character sheet with the 3 new influence skill ?
When using battle map with square or hex, how do you deal with dead/sleeping body on the floor ?

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: A series of humble question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 02:09:47 PM »
I've waited some time to compile some a series of question we face in our game.
I hope some rules expert will take a bit of their time to answer our humble interrogation.

1/Considering extra casting time (harp p115),
When the pp are used ? at the end of the casting ?
Is it possible to prepare a spell for a long time and in the end not releasing the spell at all ? Or wait more than 6 round ?
(For example a mage prepare a bolt for when an opponent will pass the corner of a tunnel, can he wait 10 or 20 round ? Or wait 10 round and in the end cancelling the spell without paying any pp ?)

PP is only expended if you cast the spell.  If you cancel your casting (or are disrupted during casting) there is no PP cost.

2/ Is it possible to use the shield parry action (ML p27) while stunned ? ( we assumed yes)
Yes - but since you can only half parry while stunned, you would only get half the Shield Parry bonus (or effectively 1.5x the normal shield DB)

3/Is it possible to use a combat style and dirtyfighting or disarm in the same round ? (we assumed yes)
Depends upon the Combat style, but probably yes.

4/ What happen to all the undead a necromancer woke up when he dies ? (undead created with create undead spell and controlled with undead mastery of course)

It remains active, but attacks the nearest living thing as if uncontrolled.

5/ When using trickery or duping in the false disengage action are you using the full skill or half of it ?

1/2

6/If Two mage are face to face and want to kill each other with bolt, what happen if they wish to encounter altogether their bolt ?
(like an energybeam duel )

Generally speaking not possible under the rules - though I would house rule it as possible and have the spellcasting roll determine which bolt overpowers the other with the differential indicating the result.

And two question for fun:
Will Ika make a new character sheet with the 3 new influence skill ?
When using battle map with square or hex, how do you deal with dead/sleeping body on the floor ?

No idea, but yes we will get around to updating the spreadsheet.
Not sure how that is any more impact, but I would count it as occupying two spaces, but could be stepped/jumped over.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline Yapadekoi

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: A series of humble question
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »
Thank you !