Author Topic: Looking for editable charactersheet  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Theros

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Carclub where I belong. Some cool information from finnish pimped Renaults...includes also international forums
Looking for editable charactersheet
« on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:11 AM »
I will start my SM:P campaign soon in Fading Suns world. I was thinking to add Fading Suns logo to SM:P character sheet. Is there any good available?

When you have it, you don't respect it. When you lose it, you will miss it.
-Love-

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Looking for editable charactersheet
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:07:13 AM »
 I do not know of a editable sheet, I guess you could grab one from the vault and just drop a pick over it.

Also please let us (me) on the forums know how your game is going and maybe write some conversion rules. I have always been interested in a SM:P game run in the Fading Suns game world.
Thanks
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Theros

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Carclub where I belong. Some cool information from finnish pimped Renaults...includes also international forums
Re: Looking for editable charactersheet
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Sure I can tell.

Initially I came to conlusion (after reading 3 Fading Suns books) that there is very little conversion needed.

The most easiest way to start a campaign:

1. Use SM:P tech levels. Those are good enough.

2. Use slightly modified priest/healer spell lists from Role Master (for priests that are in Fading Suns world)

3. Psionists are ok as they are in SM:P. Maybe some name changes to powers, but those are pretty similar.

4. Careers can be used pretty much with the Spacemaster rules.

5. Different social classes use different technology in Fading Suns (because of the price), so different Tech Level (2-3 lower) can be used to compensate that.

6. Computer related skill development cost need to be doubled or something like that.

Ideally only reading the books is enough. Some monster conversion is needed, but there are very few and mostly it is possible use Rolemaster/Spacemaster Creatures.

Fading Suns is mixture of Star Wars (but there is paper in that world) / Dune (bit more planets and systems) / Warhammer 40k (not as gothic as WH40k is) . It fits very well to SM:P rules.
When you have it, you don't respect it. When you lose it, you will miss it.
-Love-