Author Topic: Kickstarter Suggestions for Renaissance America Adventure  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Elton Robb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Master of Atlantis
    • The Atlantis Blog
Kickstarter Suggestions for Renaissance America Adventure
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »
I've been thinking of expanding my Adventure kickstarter.  I think I'd like to clear a Rolemaster license (no open gaming license for role master means going to clear one); and write a dual statistiked (wow, a new word) book for Pathfinder and Rolemaster United (I still like RMSS, but as I said, I'm curious and I'm being realistic.  I'm realistic everywhere except Politics.)

The reason why I think I shall have to publish this myself is because one of the cultures the can heroes come from are a naturist culture.  My creative self has been demanding this for quite a while, and after reading about a author's reasons for writing naturist heroes in his Age of Aenya novel, I thought to myself; "I can do this, to hell with the censors."

Originally, the Kickstarter is to fund the creation of a Kobold (reptilian/D&D style) 3D figure.  But I'd like to expand the scope to include Rolemaster fans as well as Pathfinder players.

Details:
* It takes place in my Renaissance America setting.  Essentially, the English had an Age of Colonization during the reign of King Henry the Third.  They discovered America and began to colonize the new land for the glory of the King.  During the Reign of King Henry the Fifth, the start of the 100 Years War caused a number of colonies in the new world to rebel and go their own way.  It is now the reign of King Richard the Third, and there are a number of nations in North America that are split among native, colonist (white), and mixed.   Not to mention that the Dwarves, Elves, Halflings, and Orcs have also colonized the land.  Of the new races, only the orcs are truly alien -- having come from another world via a gate in the Ukraine plains and the race has become the scourge of the Holy Roman Empire (the gate is closed).

The setting begins in the Salt Lake Valley, the available cultures are:
* Groblanders or Groblandings are a group of Caucasian human immigrants who immigrated to this land and established themselves in the Great Basin Desert.  They call their lands Grobland.  Attacks from the Shoshone, Paiute, Goshute, and Ute Indians had forced the Groblanders to eke out a life west of the Great Salt Lake on the Salt Flats and mountains around about.

The Groblanders/Groblandings have developed a naturist lifestyle, and gone "truly native."  The reduced abundance of game has forced them to use leather for other uses other than clothing.  However, recent victories against the Snake tribe has forced the Snake Tribe to find somewhere else to live and the Groblanders has increased their range along the southern side of the snake river and they have access to richer hunting grounds. For two hundred years, the tradition of being naturist is so ingrained into their culture that they are nominally peaceful.

* The Free English are humans from the east bring civilization to the Salt Lake Valley.  However, Necromancers used  their power to divide the valley along the Jordan River for a thickness of five miles, their intentions were to conquer the land and create an army of undead to conquer the mountains for themselves.  The English on the west side of the "Ghostlands" have developed a way to produce fine wine from grapes with the help the Elves.

* Dwarves tunnel deep in the earth of the Oquirrh Mountains and the Wasatch Mountains to coax gold, silver, and copper from the mountain.  Dwarves are master brewers of beer, ale, and mead.  However they have stiff competition.

* The Elves are split in two. One group, the Massalian Elves, were forced to immigrate across the seas when humans came in and forced them from the former Greek Colony of Massalia, renaming the city Marseilles.  The Massalians found solace in the Rocky Mountains.  However, their hatred against the High Elves runs deep and when High Elves colonized summit county, there will be blood.

The High Elves have sporadic settlements, one of them near the human village of Hunter Village.  Called Aquarin, the villages are so close to each other that they might grow together.  The High Elves of this village have helped the Humans to produce the conditions good enough to grow wine grapes in the valley.

Then there are the orcs.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'd like the adventure to be open ended; and have some pre-gens as examples of what can be generated.

I'd like some suggestions as to rewards: both general and RM specific.  :)  So, blast away with some suggestions.
Personal Web Portfolio:
http://eltonatlantean.wix.com/portfolio
Deviant Art: http://atlantean6.deviantart.com/
Renderosity: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=561541