Author Topic: Stalker RPG  (Read 1425 times)

Offline naphta23

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Stalker RPG
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:46:20 AM »
When I ordered some books on rpgnow.com recently, I discovered the Stalker RPG by Burger Games, which is based on the short science fiction novel Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky brothers and on the Russian movie Stalker.

First of all, I am a big fan of the short novel Roadside Picnic, the movie Stalker and also of the computer game S.T.A.L.K.E.R., even though it is very losely based on the former two.

When I ordered the Stalker RPG, I did not expect very much, I have to admit. But when I started to read it, it blew my mind away - it fits completely in the world of the short novel and the movie. The atmosphere is great (dark, morbid, corrupt, dangerous), nearly everything in that world setting by the Strugatsky brothers is accounted for, explored or described in detail. The game mechanics are pretty interesting, too, since this RPG does not work with dice or cards or anything similar - I have not understood the mechanics, yet, but I am deeply fascinated.

Has anybody played the RPG and can give me some hints (game mechanics, how to GM it) or opinions?
Nihil scire felicissima vita.