Author Topic: Missile in Melee ability for Combat Styles and other  (Read 887 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Missile in Melee ability for Combat Styles and other
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:36:03 PM »
1)  Do you think an ability for firing in melee for combat styles is needed? Right now I use a rule that stats you get -20 (or -15) per target within 5 feet of the line of your shot. When firing through a lot of combatants this can be a big penalty. With this ability then the penalty would be reduced in some way.

2) If using the rules from the Combat Companion then melee fighters have the option to pick as an ability that lets them receive an attack per 10 ranks in their weapon skill. What do you think of an ability that lets missile and thrown users either reduce penalties or increase range? They would have to buy each ability for each weapon, it is not just one ability.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Missile in Melee ability for Combat Styles and other
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »
1) I like the rule that says determine what cover is appropriate for the target. Cover in this case means people in the way.
If you miss by the amount of cover, then you hit someone in that line of sight.

2)Although I have melee attacks to be only 1/round (unless Hasted), I'm more lenient on missile/thrown attacks. If you have the %Act, you can reload/fire up to the 3 actions/round.
I think Talents could handle increased range, etc. I'm against Fighters getting more rolls per round. I feel the attack is what happens for the entire round of the attack, therefore no more attack rolls can be made, unless Hasted.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"