Author Topic: Max velocity in SM:P?  (Read 8462 times)

Offline snrdg051306

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Max velocity in SM:P?
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2011, 08:28:32 AM »
I wasn't forgetting life support for the crew Marc R, which is what I meant about not having a whole lot of room available after plunking in the normal space drive depending on the vessel's size.

Don't forget life support. . .Even a single crewman will eat a lot of TV dinners in a 5 year long trip.
Tom R

Offline snrdg051306

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2011, 08:37:09 AM »
I'm trying to recall which gaming system has a rule on how to figure out the amount of food an average person consumes. My first thought is one the GURPS products and/or a version of Traveller. Unfortunately, my digging hasn't found the source yet. Of course most systems lump this tidbit in life the title of life support.

I think that part is glossed over as there are no rules for food consumption in the rules.
MDC
Tom R

Offline snrdg051306

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
I've checked my copy of MT: Starship Operator's Manual Vol. 1 and here is what was found:

Hull and Environment p. 28

Food/Fluids: Most starships incorporate at least a token galley for food storage and preparation. Here, a variety of food preserved foods is available from a computer controlled kitchen. Most meals are stored in a condensed state until selected by a crewman or passenger.

Waste/Recycle pp. 28 - 29: In large scale systems, these by-products can even be used to fabricate additional food stores when they are mixed in proper combinations and supplemented with various nutritional additives. p. 29
Tom R

Offline snrdg051306

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »
Sounds like the military has had a hand in this one.

Yes food paste with a packet of spices to mix in with it.
MDC
Tom R

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2011, 09:45:35 AM »
 There is also info in the new version of Battletec and posibly in the older versions also. I remember the newest version because it is often a topic on the forums.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »
I'm trying to recall which gaming system has a rule on how to figure out the amount of food an average person consumes. My first thought is one the GURPS products and/or a version of Traveller. Unfortunately, my digging hasn't found the source yet. Of course most systems lump this tidbit in life the title of life support.

I think that part is glossed over as there are no rules for food consumption in the rules.
MDC

RotG has it at 2 pounds of food and 8 pounds of water per person per day.  You can recycle the water more easily than the food, of course.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »
RotG has it at 2 pounds of food and 8 pounds of water per person per day.  You can recycle the water more easily than the food, of course.

I also remember you ruling that all food services are included in the room space and mass allotments but you could also include other dinning areas if you liked.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Defendi

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »
yeah, reasonable stores are already calculated in.
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com